Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XC21A  (Read 8333 times)

Veridicus

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
XC21A
« on: November 10, 2006, 09:45:44 PM »

Does anyone have experience or perhaps a link to the XC21A X10 camera in action?  I asked X10 if they have a link and their employee was only familiar with the Sentinel and not the XC21A.  Does this camera present a decent image in low light?  What about problems with heat or cold?  I realize it is a new product but it is sad that X10 has no demo links.  Thanks for any links or suggestions.  --V

tjdavj

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: XC21A
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 08:04:11 PM »

Veridicus:

Actually the XC21A is the same camera as the VK77A Vanguard kit uses. [The Sentinel uses an XC24A] You can verify this if you click on the "What's included" link. (It's a popup window, so be sure your browser allows popups). X10 appears to have different designations for the specific cameras and the camera kits, pretty confusing if you ask me.

Does anyone have experience or perhaps a link to the XC21A X10 camera in action?  I asked X10 if they have a link and their employee was only familiar with the Sentinel and not the XC21A.

I have had both the Sentinel and the XC21A and the only difference between the cameras are the Pan & Tilt specs. I currently have the XC21A mounted outside under my eave and have not experienced any outdoor related issues yet [only up for 2 weeks so far]. I am getting an acrylic dome just to be on the safe side, since I live in the Pacific Northwest and it's gonna be a wet winter. 

Does this camera present a decent image in low light?

Well, I can tell you that they do have some low light capabilities, but should not be confused with true night vision cameras. They do require some source of light (although not much!). They do work better in populated areas due to the ambient light conditions that exist there.

What about problems with heat or cold?

Mine has to be working fine @ <40 degrees  (Hasn't froze since I put the camera up)

I realize it is a new product but it is sad that X10 has no demo links.
Heres the camera demo's link;
http://www.x10sentinel.com/camera_demonstration_videos.html

Hope this helps..

DScotland1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: XC21A
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 04:38:41 PM »

Veridicus,
            thanks for the information, i have purchased the XC21A and am going to mount it outside, where did you get your acrylic dome for the camera, is it the one used by the sentinel or are you having one made ?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.