Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rear-View Camera for Van  (Read 8749 times)

avagabond

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Rear-View Camera for Van
« on: November 11, 2006, 02:37:42 PM »

Hello All,

I am handicapped and have a hard time turning around to see what's behind me while driving my van. When backing up ,I keep hitting things that are right behind the van. I use my mirrors but when I get close =, sometimes I hit a pole or something that I can't see in my mirrors

I'd like to put in an outdoor camera that will run off 12v and some sort of a small[6" l.c.d.] in the dashboard. It will only turn on when I put the shifter in reverse.

ANY IDEA, ANYONE???

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Rear-View Camera for Van
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 02:53:48 PM »

If you are in Canada, this might be your best way to go:

Rear-view Camera System

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 03:04:00 PM »

Welcome to the "Community"! :)

Please introduce yourself in:

Spend a little time searching - I recall a recent thread by a fellow with a Camaro talking about adding a rearview camera to his car. You should be able to pick up some good ideas there... ;)

BTW, there's *NO* need to double / triple post - the folks that can answer your question read EVERYTHING! :o
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 10:29:35 PM »

Hello All,

I am handicapped and have a hard time turning around to see what's behind me while driving my van. When backing up ,I keep hitting things that are right behind the van. I use my mirrors but when I get close =, sometimes I hit a pole or something that I can't see in my mirrors

I'd like to put in an outdoor camera that will run off 12v and some sort of a small[6" l.c.d.] in the dashboard. It will only turn on when I put the shifter in reverse.

ANY IDEA, ANYONE???

I was in Walmart yesterday... I was getting my oil changed in the service area. So I had plenty (and I mean PLENTY) of time to look around. In the automotive area they have a license plate camera with a dash mounted screen. A nice looking set-up, and it's WIRELESS, so there is no real installation. It was under $100.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 11:18:54 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.