Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A appears dead with XP Home, Activve Home Pro & IWitness  (Read 3359 times)

Boomer

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15A appears dead with XP Home, Activve Home Pro & IWitness
« on: November 07, 2006, 11:58:30 PM »

I can't modify and save changes in Active Home Pro.  I noticed it at daylight savings time when I tried to reset timers to earlier on/off times.  When I tried to save the changes I would get error messages like Active Home interface is not connected and Va11a is not installed.  I can correct the VA11A by reinstalling it but the CM15A wont even beep when the usb cable is plugged in to a usb port.  I replaced the cable and also move it to other outlets without any indication that the CM15A is working. I probably had this over a year now and it seems to send daily signals on House codes A, B, C, I, M, and O. 
  Does anyone have a similar problem or solution?

ArtClark

Re: CM15A appears dead with XP Home, Activve Home Pro & IWitness
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 01:53:27 AM »

I'm not sure what I can do to help, but I can reccomend that you start "From Scratch" to verify the installation.  There are Many
posts here that give a much better list and directions, but here's a simple "Reset"

1) Back-up your existing .ahx file (In AHP Directory) and be sure original isn't protected.  (RO, etc.)
2) Verify Batteries in CM15.  (Possible shorted battery?)
3) Uninstall CM15 USB Drivers.  Go all the way to the registry if needed.  (If this is not your cup of tea, others here could help.)
4) Clean up anything I may have missed.  (Think about anything you have done and try to Remove it.)

Now just Re-install the drivers, etc.  and try a reload and set the time, etc. 

Just a suggestion, but during doing this you may find another thing causing it, so the effort should be worth it.

Good Luck.

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 06:18:15 AM »

In addition to the things ArtClark suggested you might also try completely removing all power from the interface by unplugging it and removing the batteries. If it were me I would either replace all of the batteries or plug it back  in without any batteries.

Good luck

Jim.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 07:00:36 AM »

I have seen other say that the complete reset fixed the problems.
try the disconnect from the AC power and remove the batteries. Wait a few minutes then start from scratch.

Boomer

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 11:35:14 PM »

???Well I tried all of your suggestions but nothing will connect Active Pro Home to the CM15A.  It always comes up with "device is not connected.  Check your wiring."  I guess the CM15A is junk if I cannot reset timers. Maybe I have over extended my USB connections. I have multiplied them two times with 2.0 four port extenders.  Plugging directly into the computer the CM15A does not respond seither so I appreciate your trying to help. Thanks

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 05:18:42 PM »

Boomer:
I had my CM15A go dead when my wife unpluged it and the batteries went dead! I unpluged the USB cable from the CM15A removed the batteries pluged the CM15A into the outlet then pluged in the USB cable.
 NO Other sequence worked!   ::)
Windows then detected the CM15A and everything is up and running untill someone unplugs it again! :(
Note: I'm not running with batteries ??? haven't yet installed new ones ::)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.