Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DM10A sensors  (Read 7570 times)

dwbarger

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
DM10A sensors
« on: November 15, 2006, 07:23:28 PM »

I am using 3 of theDM10A motion sensors all around the outside of my house, I have them linked to a SC546A chime, Lately it keeps going off every few minutes for no reason at all. I have replaced all the batteries in the sensors just in case and I sit out there and watch them to see if the red light inside comes on but nothing.
What could be causing this and what would remedy this problem?
Thanks in advance,
Denny

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: DM10A sensors
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 08:07:50 PM »

I don't use the DM10A's myself, so I don't know about their functions other than motion detection. But I'll try to help with your problem.

First a couple questions:

• What are you using for a Transceiver?
  • Is it all 3 that are doing this?
  • If it was working until lately, was anything changed in your setup recently?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 07:00:24 AM »

If you don't see the Red LEDs flashing to indicate which one it could be. You may want to test things by removing batteries from one at a time to see if you can isolate it to one DM10A.
As Puck said. Which transceiver are you using and anything change.

paulnoel12

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 09:08:28 PM »

have you tried to set the chime to a different code or tried moving it to a different plug. Have you installed any new tv's or any other electrical aplliances. Maybe your sensors are good and you are picking up noise to trigger your chime. You might want to check the chime to see if it is not malfunctioning. Maybe take out the batteries of all the sensors and then see if it stills chimes sometimes on its own

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.