Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Security Mode Start Time: WinNT4 vs WinXP SP2  (Read 12594 times)

lam94618

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Security Mode Start Time: WinNT4 vs WinXP SP2
« on: November 27, 2006, 06:36:16 AM »

I run ActiveHome from an Windows XP SP2 box, everything seems to work fine except for the security mode.  When I set a timer event with security mode on, it is always executed 30 minutes before the start time, instead of the random 0 - 30 min as indicated in the manual.  For example, a module with start time of 8:30 is always turned on at 8:00.  This happens to all 6 different modules for my house code.  Is it something I did wrong?  Has anyone experience the same problem?  Thanks.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Security Mode Start Time: WinNT4 vs WinXP SP2
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 08:12:46 AM »

What version of Active Home are you running?

1.42 seems to be buggy, when I used AH I stayed with 1.32. 1.42 would not load everything when you uploaded to the interface, aty least for me.

I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

lam94618

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Security Mode Start Time: WinNT4 vs WinXP SP2
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 12:48:04 AM »

Yes it's version 1.42.  But I found something interesing, I have two machines setup with the same 1.42 software, one runs Windows NT and the other Windows XP SP2.  It seems when I downloaded using the Windows NT machine, security mode works fine.  But when downloaded using Windows XP (using the same .x10 file), security mode is always dispatched 30 minutes before the start/end time.  I do not have time to do extensive testing as this is setup in the vacation house, guess I have to go for another vacation. 

The Windows XP is a Dell laptop with onboard serial port.   I also just installed the SmartHome phase coupler and repeater (plugin to dryer outlet).  Will report back when I can do more testing.  Thanks.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.