Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Remote Chime, Motion Sensor, TELL WHEN SOMEONE IS COMMING TO YOUR HOUSE OR NOT??  (Read 4635 times)

locorider21

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Hey guys,

Ive seen many adds for x10 about having a motion sensor set up so that when someone enters your driveway, the chime in the house will go off to let you know... I have an uncle that likes to come over all the time....... very annoying... so thats were this comes in handy..... Anyways.. i set up the motion sensore right under the ledge of one of the garages outside The sensor is located right underneath the ledge of the top of the garage in front of Cars.. Well before i got the remote chime, i had it set up so it activates A16 which in AHP is set up as a macro to flash my lights..... when i got the chime, i changed it to ding the chime.. but i set a condition to where it would only do it starting at 5:30pm to 11:00pm. That worked great with the lights flashing, but since i put the chime in, the chime goes off every 2 minutes and does not obey the condition. Both the chime and sensor are set to A16 and the macro is triggered with A16. I made sure the sensor is clear of anything moving... but i think it might be picking up traffic.
What i want to know is 1) why is the chime not obeying the condition set in the macro and 2) if you have a similar set up and how you placed your motion sesnor so that it detects when something enters your driveway but does not detect traffic on the connecting street to your driveway... Thanks!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

The chime should not be on the same address as the motion sensor, if the CM15A [AHP USB Interface] is set to transceiver signals. basically your sensor sends an on that the macro see and it resends the on over the powerline if set to transceiver.

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41

The reason the chime is not following the conditions you have set in the macro is because you state that the chime, motion sensor and macro are all set to A16. You need to have the chime and macro trigger set to different hose codes.
Example.
motion sensor set to A14
Chime set to A16
 macro trigger set to A14

Be carefull when using motion sensors most have a dusk dawn feature that will output a unit code plus one. In other words if you have a motion sensor set to A4 it will output an on or off on A5 at dusk or dawn,
_ _ ...  ..._ _

locorider21

Does anyone have a similar set up... could you explain to me where it would best be to put the sensor.. cz my current location for the sensor picks up street traffic

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!

Heres a pic to help out... the sensor was placed underneath the red ledge on top of the garage in front of the ford.

Pictures are LOVELY!  In fact, many say " A picture is worth a thousand words! ". :)

But... IMHO, a 1024 x 768 IMG is definitely preferrable (for the majority of the members) over a 2048 x 1536 IMG. 8)
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

locorider21

sorry heres an updated picture   
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 12:21:46 PM by locorider21 »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.