Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MyHouse Online - Using Presets Remotely  (Read 16801 times)

Combellack

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
MyHouse Online - Using Presets Remotely
« on: December 01, 2006, 09:07:09 AM »

I have a single camera hard wired back to a PC upon which ActiveHome Pro and MyHouse is installed.  I can access it remotely through MyHouse and control the camera using the on-screen interface, however despite configuring all nine presets locally - i am unable to utilise them remotely.  Given the understandable delay invloved when operating the cameras remotely, I would like to be able to use the presets.  Does anyone know if they should work and its just be missing something ?

Many Thanks...

Nick

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: MyHouse Online - Using Presets Remotely
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 09:44:10 AM »

Welcome aboard Nick

You don't state what cam your using?

Please give more detailed info:

Are you using a router?

What is your internet connection (cable)?

When you say remotely do you mean from work?

Please supply as much info about your setup as you can think of it realy does help! ;) :D ;D
Also do an Advance Search on your problem!
it usualy will turn up your answer! ;) :D >:(
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Combellack

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 11:11:20 AM »

Its good to be aboard - apologies for being somewhat vague - current setup is as follows:

Camera:   Sentinel PTZ Camera (VK79A) connected to PC using USB Video Capture Adapter (VA11A)
Internet Configuration:   Using a 2Wire Router
Internet Connection: ADSL

When i connect to MyHouse from my work internet-enabled PC i can successfully connect to my ActiveHome Pro software and view the Sentinel camera, i can also control it using the provided camera interface (i.e. tilt up/down, pan left/right, and zoom in/out).  However when i click on the preset buttons (all have been configured on my host PC and work locally with the camera) nothing appears to happen - just wondering if the presets should work remotely ?

Many Thanks,

Nick

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 11:59:15 AM »

Presets should work remotely ! ::) ;)

I haven't tested this since getting my ninja pan&tilt as I no longer have internet access from work! :'( (took a different position) ;) :D

Can you log on with the other PC at home and try to use the presets from that PC?

You may have discovered a bug if others are having the same problems! :(

Perhaps someone else with a sentenal can comment! ;) :D ;D

Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

hocuspocus

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 02:29:07 PM »

I have a Sentinel and have the same issue and have not been able to resolve it.

tjdavj

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 07:41:59 PM »

I don't have a Sentinel, but I do have the Vanguard, and it does NOT respond to remote presets or scan requests either. As far as I can tell, the requests are not sent by the remote software, or are not implemented in the server (local computer) software. This looks like a bug?? in the current version [3.206] of My House.  >:(

The way I got around it was to create 9 presets thru the iWitness interface on the local computer, then activate the sweep function locally. That way, when I access My House remotely, the camera is already scanning thru the presets, so I don't need remote control capabilities. Don't forget to keep your resolution and framerate fairly low, unless you have more than 1Mb of upload bandwidth at the local location. [I have found that 320x240 at 40% quality and 5 frames per sec. about the best I can do, to maintain a constant connection.] your mileage may vary..  ::)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 07:47:12 PM by tjdavj »

tjdavj

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 07:58:21 PM »

Update on my last post..

I just checked the Zoom buttons on My House remote and they don't function either. These did function a couple of weeks ago, and I seem to recall that the remote presets worked a few weeks back too. It may be that X10 has disabled the functionality of the remote controls on their servers, or they are filtering out the control data, and not passing it thru to the local computer. It's possible that the X10 servers are experiencing problems when passing the control data and they have disabled it until they resolve the server issues. That may have been the reason the servers have been having problems lately?

This is just a guess on my part, as I have no evidence that this is the case.

But, if that's the case, I wish they had the integrity to post said issues in the forum and save us a lot of pointless troubleshooting.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 08:29:44 AM »

Is this still true?  Are we still waiting on a fix for this?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.