Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: problem with macros  (Read 5137 times)

dolfanbolt

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
problem with macros
« on: December 31, 2007, 11:20:29 AM »

suddenly my macros have stopped working.  simple macro to turn lights on when motion sensor is triggered.  worked fine for a couple of months.  reloaded software, made new ahx file still same problem.  If I click on the macro and tell it to run, it actually works, however when the trigger goes off, and you can see the macro execute on the computer just like when you click it manually, nothing happens, any suggestions?

Boiler

Re: problem with macros
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 11:49:49 AM »

dolfanbolt,

Welcome to the Forum and Happy New Years Eve.

It can be pretty frustrating when things inexplicably stop working. 

Here's a few things to try (you may have already tried these),

• Battery out reset - unplug the CM15a and remove 1 battery for ~30 sec.  Re-install, clear interface, and re-download timers & macro's
  • Check to make sure your timers and macros are being downloaded to the CM15a.
  • Try a PC reboot (assuming your PC has been on for a long period of time).  I've seen the X10nets software "become erratic" at times.  This should not be the problem if your macros are running from the CM15a.

If the above fails to help, give us a copy of your activity monitor for both the manually activated and sensor activated events. 

dolfanbolt

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: problem with macros
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 12:11:45 PM »

I think I have done all this things, thanks for the welcome, will do them all again tonight, and will attach activity monitor if problems continue, thanks

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.