Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Receive RF Problem  (Read 3866 times)

whsbuss

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Receive RF Problem
« on: December 11, 2006, 05:40:38 PM »

I'm having issues with the PalmPad remote. When I press any of the keys I see 2-3 Receive RF commands in the activity monitor. I have no other transceivers just the CM15A transcoding house code A and P (P is used for phantom timers).

So what happens is commands running macros execute 2-3 times causing all kind of lighting problems. When I run the macros from AHP they execute perfectly. Can anyone help?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Receive RF Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 06:14:46 PM »

I believe that the palmpad duplicates the commands and others have reported this finding.
I am sure users with macros will give you more details.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 06:16:32 PM »

whsbuss: When I hold down a putton on my PalmPad Remote it takes 3 seconds to repeat the Receive RF in the Activity Monitor. Do you have a second remote and does it react the same?

Can you post a picture of your Activity Monitor and the Macro you are triggering?

P.S. Since phantom's don't exist, they don't need to be transceived.  ;)

whsbuss

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 06:36:14 PM »

I have an old Leviton remote and it does the same thing. I notice when I'm close to the CM15A it seems to be the worst. Farther away it sometimes works correctly.

Here's my setup:

A3-ON
Macro A3-ON (manual lighting)
A6,7,11,12,13,14,16 OFF
Clear Flags 1,3
Delay 1-sec
A6,11,12,13,14,16 ON
Delay 1-sec
A12,13 Dim -50%
Delay 1-sec
A11,14,16 Dim -40%
Delay 1-sec
A6 Dim -35%
Delay 1-sec
A15 OFF

I rebuilt the macro, did a download and now its working again. So I am leaving it alone for now but I want to get it fixed.

What seems different in AHP vs. AH and my old CM11A is I have to issue an OFF command before I do a DIM (either absolute or dim). For example A16 is a table lamp that I sometimes keep on before the dusk macro (above). With the CM11A, and the lamp on before the macro dimmed about 10%, it would brighten to 100% and then dim to the macro setting for A16. With the CM15A it dims too low. Works OK when A16 is off.

I just did a monitor before I disconnected from the PC and all I saw was 1 Receive RF command. I disconnected all of my previous transceivers as the CM15A was working fine without them.

Also, don't I need the P code trasncoded to run my P timer macros?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 06:47:42 PM »

No... when Transceive is selected it just means it will take it from RF and place it on the Power Line.

I use 5 different remotes that all trigger Macros... and not one is set to Transcieve.

whsbuss

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 07:03:55 PM »

No... when Transceive is selected it just means it will take it from RF and place it on the Power Line.

OK, thanks. I'll turn if off.

I use 5 different remotes that all trigger Macros... and not one is set to Transcieve.

[Edited by CS to fix quoting]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 02:05:12 AM by Charles Sullivan »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.