Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Big red emergency button  (Read 33299 times)

big al

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Big red emergency button
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2006, 01:17:27 PM »

Hmmm, it seems odd that you would get three defective buttons, but hopefully that is the case and it solves your problem.  Do you have any software loaded on the pc to control x10 hardware?  I'm asking cause I'd like to see what the RF codes are  being sent when you hold the big red button in.

It does seem odd, maybe they didn't want to bother? Unfortunately, I don't use the X10 automation software, sorry, I can't help you.

Big Al

hostilejava

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
    • HostileJava
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2006, 06:56:02 PM »

Actually it was more to help you then to help me :)  I figured if we could see what was being sent it would be easier to troubleshoot.

paulnoel12

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 09:01:21 PM »

Just to let you guys know that any sensor that you have on the system will reinstall itself if you do the following and it will keep its original security code.  take out the batteries on the sensor for about four hours or until you see the light for that zone start blinking then but your batteries back in the sensor, press the test button, then put your system in the install mode and then activate the sensor and it will then reset back to the code and position it was at originally. Also with the big red button have you tried it with it close to your unit or always mounted some where. maybe you are getting interference with something or maybe you need to try to do something to increase the signal strength.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.