Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Visual confirmation of arming  (Read 9614 times)

Just One Guy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Visual confirmation of arming
« on: December 10, 2006, 11:54:02 PM »

Is there a way I can get visual confirmation of arming/disarming outside of the house?  I can't hear the "dings" outside.

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
Re: Visual confirmation of arming
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 02:04:53 AM »

Can you tell us what hardware and software you have? Include any plug-ins you have for the software as well.
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Just One Guy

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 09:29:39 AM »

DS7000

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 10:25:12 AM »

Not directly with the DS7000 System alone. If you are using ActiveHomePro, then the OnAlert plug-in will provide the means to do this.

Other than that, this question has been asked a few times. Check out these posts:

I myself replaced the internal armed LED with an optocoupler. ;) (This was prior to OnAlert being available... but I still use this mod.)

big al

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 08:54:13 PM »

For what it's worth,

I have a protector Plus (console PS361) and had the same problem. I plugged a remote chime with same house and unit code as my console in an electrical outlet near the door I usually go out from. When I arm the system it chimes loud enough for me to hear it through the door. You could even put the remote chime outside I guess or, in a shed or garage. It's not a visual solution but, I just thought it might help.

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 09:18:25 PM »

big al: You must be pressing the Light On button on the remote to trigger the chime for verification.  ???

The Arm/DisArm buttons on the remote are not standard X-10 PLC signals; it is an encoded security signal that does not get Transceived.

big al

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 09:29:37 PM »

Actually Puck, I press the ''ARM'' button on my keychain remote. Works well as an auditory feedback to let me know that the system is armed. Even better, the chime doesn't chime when the system doesn't arm for whatever reason (zone indicator flashing etc.).

Big Al

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 09:39:31 PM »

I just tried my SC546A Chime set to the same House & Unit Code and it doesn't chime with the Arm from they keychain remote. I can get it to chime with the Security Light On button.... but not by arming.

When did you get your DS7000? Maybe X10 listened and actually changed something in the PS561....

glt

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 09:49:47 PM »

I have a protector Plus (console PS361) and had the same problem.

Puck - he doesn't have the Ds7000. What's a PS361.? For that matter what is the differnce between as DS7000 and a PS561? Pro again?

GLT
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 09:56:10 PM by glt »

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 10:02:12 PM »

I think his PS361 is just a typo (Big red emergency button ) ...PS561 is what he meant.  ;)

The Protector Plus is also called the DS7000.... The voice dialer console part of it is the PS561.

big al

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 10:50:38 PM »

Sorry for the typo. The console is PS561 (protector plus system - bought spring 2006) and, my remote chime is SC546A. I'm not sure but, maybe you need the transceiver module TM751 for it to work? That's what I have.

Big al

paulnoel12

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 08:52:39 PM »

You can use a lamp module and as long as you adrress it to the exact same adress that you have the ds7000 set to and when you push the arm button the light will come on and go off. Also if you do this then if for some reason you have had something set off your system and you were not contacted the light will remain on until you disarm the system and turn off the light. at least this is what i have experienced with my system in place. If you have the onalert software then you can build a macro to hav ethe light come on when you disarm the system as well.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.