Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problems With Floodcam  (Read 9572 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Problems With Floodcam
« on: May 01, 2007, 02:48:38 PM »

Hi guys bought a flood cam a while back before they got really popular and the pricing went up. Well I just recently wired it up and was very pleased with the picture! only problem is that after they lights are activated at night and turn off it takes about a minute before the unit will pickup motion again and turn the lights on, this can't be right correct? shouldn't the lights come on right after they turn off if motion is detected again??? and yes I know as long as there's motion in the area the lights won't cut off but for example if you're just standing there when they go off once you take a few steps shouldn't they come back on immediately?? Might have a bad one seem like the regular floods will cycle on instantly. Thanks!

Tom j

immyfish

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: Problems With Floodcam
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 09:16:12 AM »

1. I would be grateful they come on at all ;)
2. I think they need a "reset" period of 10-20 seconds or so.  That seems to be pretty typical for the bottom-line x10 "technology".  Remember, this stuff is super- super- super cheap. 

tom j

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 04:57:56 PM »

1. I would be grateful they come on at all ;)
2. I think they need a "reset" period of 10-20 seconds or so.  That seems to be pretty typical for the bottom-line x10 "technology".  Remember, this stuff is super- super- super cheap. 

I've heard of people having problems with the floodcams do you have any floodcams and if so what's your experience been like. Thanks

Tom j

Bill H

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 08:05:43 PM »

I ordered one, tested it, replaced it with another, tested it, sent it back for a refund. On each, the sensor, light, and camera worked, but it would randomly change its module code number depending on the action. (The Floodcam uses two numbers, but mine never stayed consistent.) Never got to install the floodcam, but it showed that X10 stood by its guarantee with no hassles.

I then bought X10's regular flood and used it's sensor/light to turn on a separate camera. That works extremely well.

tom j

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 04:06:16 PM »

I ordered one, tested it, replaced it with another, tested it, sent it back for a refund. On each, the sensor, light, and camera worked, but it would randomly change its module code number depending on the action. (The Floodcam uses two numbers, but mine never stayed consistent.) Never got to install the floodcam, but it showed that X10 stood by its guarantee with no hassles.

I then bought X10's regular flood and used it's sensor/light to turn on a separate camera. That works extremely well.

Wow never even got to that point yet just wired it up  basically and preformed a few tests, Say Bill did you notice what I observed in my original post about the 30 to 40 second delay? Thanks

Tom j

Bill H

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 08:28:33 PM »

Tom- Sorry, but really wasn't looking for that yet. (I do remember it was not too robust, but never timed it out.) I was more concerned over the changing code because it was messing up my other cameras and macros.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.