Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Holiday Micro Settings  (Read 4724 times)

Easttexasdragon

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
    • My Facebook Page
Holiday Micro Settings
« on: December 16, 2006, 01:33:34 AM »

Does anyone know how to set a micro not to run on holidays?

I have two Micros that run Everyday, turning lights on and Turning lights off. Its kinda a light alarm clock, Turns the lights on when its time to get up and Off About an Hour later after we have left for work. My problem is I don't want the light coming on when i don't have to go to work. Its Set correct for Week Days and Weekends. But I need to set it NOT to run on Holidays. I tried creating a Micro that would turn the lights off the same time the other turns them on. The lights would come on and go off.  HELP ME PLEASE MY WIFE'S GETTIN !@#$ when she gets woke up/ :o

whsbuss

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: Holiday Micro Settings
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 06:57:50 AM »

I believe there's a Hoildays condition you can include in Smart Macros. Check it out.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 12:19:52 PM »

Easttexasdragon   Welcome aboard!
 The dreaded "WAF" the main killer of Home Automation! ;) :D ;D

As whsbuss stated there is a holiday condition but you need the smart macro plug-in for this!
this uses the place of two conditions so if you already have 2 conditions used you'll have to find another way perhaps setting a dummy module to trigger a macro to rum with those conditions ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 03:51:56 PM »

Does anyone know how to set a micro not to run on holidays?

I have two Micros that run Everyday, turning lights on and Turning lights off. Its kinda a light alarm clock, Turns the lights on when its time to get up and Off About an Hour later after we have left for work. My problem is I don't want the light coming on when i don't have to go to work. Its Set correct for Week Days and Weekends. But I need to set it NOT to run on Holidays. I tried creating a Micro that would turn the lights off the same time the other turns them on. The lights would come on and go off.  HELP ME PLEASE MY WIFE'S GETTIN !@#$ when she gets woke up/ :o

There's a no fuus, no muss way to do what you want without macros - TIMERS!!!!!

Timers will do exactly what you want to do. You can set up timer for weekdays, weekends, dusk/dark in any combination you want.

For example, since it's the holday season, I have decorations inside and outside controlled by X10. During the week, the inside ones turn on 20 minutes before dusk and off at midnight. On weekends they turn on at 10:30AM and off at midnight.

Try timers and increase the "WAF" factor a lot.  My wife loves X10.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 07:13:43 PM »

How exactly does the "holiday" conditional work?

Is the "holiday" conditional true for any day defined as a holiday?

Is the "not holiday" conditional true for all days not defined as a holiday?

I mean, in the "holiday" conditional edit, if you leave the second edit box down (the box below "exactly" or "not") blank, does that mean "all" ? ? ?

If so, it would be sure nice if it actually contained the word "all" instead of leaving one guessing with just a blank.  :D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 07:18:29 PM by Walt2 »
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.