Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Integrating AHP with existing old Linear Defiant security system  (Read 2663 times)

chebi

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Integrating AHP with existing old Linear Defiant security system
« on: December 20, 2006, 11:02:28 AM »

I have an old  working wireless Linear defiant security system using remote door, window and motion sensors that transmit RF (not) X10 signals wirelessly to the central station. My best inkling of the RF frequency used is 315 MHZ. The central console has a~12" antenna, and has all the programming keys for Home, Away, Day, test, etc.

I have recently installed an AHP system with a CM15A RF transceiver with a bunch of X10 lamp modules and was wondering if there is a means to convert the RF Defiant signals when they occur to X10 signals to monitor and possibly control from my new AHP system.

The linear system has a 8 code dip switch where the 1st four are defined as the house code and are set to 1110 and the last four use a code that defines whether the transmitted RF signals by the module are to be construed as immediate or delayed by the central console. All the remote modules have the same dip switches and are set to the same house and function codes.

Since both systems seem to operate at the same RF frequency, I was hoping there is a means of having the two systems talk to each other.

Would appreciate any help on the matter- Thanks

vhoang

• Helpful Post Rating: 7
    • Automation Tips & Mini DLLs
Re: Integrating AHP with existing old Linear Defiant security system
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 06:08:00 PM »

programming required.

If know how to write code to read the RF from the defiant system on your computer then you are 80% there.

The CM15A may or may not pick up the signal.   you gotta test.

The W800RF32A may pick up the rf signal if it truely is on the same frequency.  (froogle.google.com).  again programming required.

But unless you can program and you can first detect and read the RF from your security console, you won't be able to use the event to trigger a response from the CM15A.

----

Side note,  some security consoles have contact closure point that can be connected to MS10A or Powerflash to send events to the CM15A.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.