Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: R-A-N-T-S:  (Read 28714 times)

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
R-A-N-T-S:
« on: December 17, 2006, 12:00:51 AM »

Until there is a forum for Rants.

Just use this thread and let it fly !
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
Re: R-A-N-T-S:
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 12:14:19 AM »

I'll go first.

What is it with X10 anyway ?

Some of the stuff that they sell is so OLD it's useless.
OUTDATED = USELESS

OH BTW HAVE YOU SEEN THE LATEST GIMMICK ?
You go to a page and this pops up.
If you try to close it...It just takes you to one of their pages.

I'm so tired of this &%#***%$$@#.

Guess I better get off before I say something that I will certainly regret later.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 03:48:44 PM by Duck69 »
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 10:26:12 AM »

I don't want to sound like Bubba, but I feel your pain.  ;D

People have been bitching about X10's popups long before these forums began.   They used to have have a way to get the popups to stop - for a while. Then you had to do it again and again.

Selling old stuff ain't new for X10. I think they find stuff in they haven't sold in years lying in some wearhouse sommeplace and some suit decides to sell it.

Remember the recent Bandit offer for a "RCA Branded interface" at a low price that turned out to be the CM11A in a different suit?  :(

Once, when I was feeliing sad and depressed, a little bird chirped "cheer up, things could be worse". So, I cheered up, and sure enough, things got worse.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

ArtClark

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 03:59:51 PM »

I usually don't like to post negative comments, but seeing as this IS a rant section I feel justified in this "BUG" rant.

I'm Not going to try to find the "RIGHT" spot to post this, cause X-10 won't bother with it anyway.

When Entering macros in AHP, I see the craziest thing all the time.  THE MACROS CHANGE!!!!!  They don't even show the change in the GUI portion of the screen but THEY DO in the text area.  THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME!!!!!

For example, If on of the macro commands is F12 OFF, the Picture will show F12 and the "OFF" button is highlighted, but,  if you read the test below, it shows F12 ON !!!!!.  A reload of the AHP SOMETIMES changes it back, sometimes not.  If you change any other macro, and then download, the F12 Macro gets the TEXT version, but the GUI stays with the incorrect version.   ARGGGGGG!!!!

I usually see this with "OFF" going to "ON".  Verly rarely do I see "ON" going to "OFF" but I have seen it.  Once AHP is loaded with a few Macros, it Hapens More and More.  THIS IS NOT THE CM15a, this is ALL in AHP.  I have this running an a server that is connected 24/7 so it's not a connection or power up/down trouble, just a programmers error in updating.  The aggrivation comes in with, "NO WORKING MACRO CAN BE TRUSTED" unless you check the TEXT of every macro, every time you are going to download.  Even then, while checking, I have seen a COUPLE change while I was moving around in the various macros.

I'll admit, I'm pushing things a little, but I've only got 40% of the CM15A memory used and around 150 PC based macros so It SHOULD be able to handle that. 

Just had to get that off my chest.  That is actually the ONLY problem I have had that I cannot work around in one way or another.  Phase, noise, physical problems, whatever, can be dealt with.  Altering my proven code by itself is UNACCEPTABLE no matter what.  X-10 needs to get their priorities worked out a little more!!!

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 04:58:18 PM »

Well I have a small RANT but its a RANT all the same. I got this string of Christmas Lights to put on my posts (See Above) After installing it I found out that the red light on the right end won't flash. Wheres the quality anymore? I hooked up this string of lights to an Appliance module, not just any one but a AM14A 2-Way. Well that doesn't work either. When I click POLL in AHP it won't update. From time to time you will see that the lights quit blinking, thats just me, I have them on a timer in my AHP.

-------------------KDR
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

ArtClark

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 05:21:05 PM »

KDR, I am glad to see that others can honestly open up and show their AHP problems.  I noticed that lamp problem as soon as you mentioned it.  I was able to reproduce the problem on my setup as well.  Aggravating, isn't it   ;D

Sorry, but I couldn't keep a straight face anymore........

Even my rant, which isn't really serious, had me grinning while I typed it.  For me, X-10 is too much fun for me to stay mad at the system. 

(But I do like to rant once in a while....)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 06:18:23 PM »

Duck69;
OH a new low for X10 and the sticky tab. Saw it tonight by going to the sales site for a look.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 06:30:58 PM »

Too bad they didn't take the time to fix the "Newer version on server problem" they have. Seems their programers only know how to add pop up to web pages instead of fixing them!
As I mention on Yahoo chat "www.X10.com the popup king of the web !"
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Michael M.

• Typologist
  • Helpful Post Rating: 9
    • X10 Community
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 08:40:42 PM »

For those of you interested, there is a popup disable link that will shut off the popup on your browser for up to 30-days.

Here's the URL: http://www.x10.com/x10ads1.htm

If you have a popup and don't know how to get rid of it, hit Refresh on your browser to shrink it, a second Refresh will make it go away.
Read my blog at www.x10community.com/michaelm

Visit the Community Site at www.x10community.com

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 06:53:12 AM »

mmallari,

Thanks for the advice but that is an extra step that we should just not have to take. The POP UPS make the X10 site seem very unprofessional.

FWIW ... The X10 site is my last place to look for home automation equipment just because I find the site a real pain in the #@@. >:(
_ _ ...  ..._ _

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 10:30:26 AM »

For those of you interested, there is a popup disable link that will shut off the popup on your browser for up to 30-days.

Here's the URL: http://www.x10.com/x10ads1.htm
How about an option to turn it off permanently or say at least a year? I feel like I'm paying a ransom to visit the site. It's easier to just shop elsewhere.
Are there really enough people out there that do click on the popups to justify insulting your long term intelligent user base with your web spam?

BTW... Anyone out there no how to modify a cookie date to extend the time?
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

Michael M.

• Typologist
  • Helpful Post Rating: 9
    • X10 Community
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 05:58:55 PM »

I understand everyone's concerns regarding the popup.  Your suggestions/comments are always appreciated and I'll continue to share what I hear to others at Team X10.

Read my blog at www.x10community.com/michaelm

Visit the Community Site at www.x10community.com

steven r

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 74
  • Halloween with X10
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 06:25:03 PM »

I understand everyone's concerns regarding the popup.  Your suggestions/comments are always appreciated and I'll continue to share what I hear to others at Team X10.
Thank you.
BVC let's me tell my camera where to go!
:) Murphy is my beta testing pal. He helps me find problems whether I like it or not. :)

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2007, 06:56:04 PM »

Thank you. One can only hope that it will do some good.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

ArtClark

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2007, 03:42:14 AM »

Mmallari
Just another Thank You for passing these "Rants" along.
Art
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.