Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: R-A-N-T-S:  (Read 28720 times)

Pastorbillv

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
    • Gracebible Church
Re: R-A-N-T-S:
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 09:32:46 PM »

Given that I joined the forum and my first post is to rant, you can imagine how dissatisifed I am with this X10 crap.

Not only does nothing seem to work right with these modules and ActiveHome, but it INCONSISTENTLY doesn't work right.

Why in the world pick a mechanism to transport you signals that (1) may not work for the whole house because of splitting the electricity at the box, (2) is affected by interface from COMMON appliances that you put plug in, (3) necessitates that you have like tons of extra wall sockets around your house to plug in transceivers and whatevers, (4) puts it's main ActiveHome module on a short USB cable that has to plug in somewhere near the 1000 computer devices that you already have plugged in and are sure to give it interference, (5) works over your electrical system but still requires a ton of batteries.

So, here I sit with several hundred dollars invested and motion sensor lights installed that go on and off on their own yet won't talk to active home, individual motion sensors that won't talk to anything, chimes that won't chime, and I'm wondering where in the world I'm going to get the time to debug this whole mess when I expected it to just work.

And, lastly, I've never seen such a grossly over-advertised website as X10.  You can't find the content for all of their advertising and deals that are going to end yesterday baloney.  Are they desparate or what?

All that ranting and I don't even feel better - 'cause this didn't help make the stuff work!

Bill

xet

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2007, 09:10:37 PM »

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( ??? ??? ??? ??? :- :- :- :- :- :- :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
 >:(Excuse my poor English !
Those darn pop-under ads i never seen before.Yes i payed for an software.Why x10 send to me a slut machine ????????????????????
YES it is AHP i received my pack today. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
 X10 is also the company behind many of those annoying "pop under" ads . This software is a browser windows only to find  for you another cheaps craps underneath it trying to sell you an inexpensives surveillance cameras & bla bla bla !This software have to many many bugs to use it in my project. I have been the victim of X10's American marketing campaign. It is annoying enough to cause some peoples and me to boycott X10 entirely, but I have no intention of ripping out my home automation  idea system i want to develop.I will change my approch to do.
But today one only things is shure I will spent more time to develop my oawn and stop rigth now to loss my time to debug a piece of software for an big
commercial machine behind this scrap software !
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Just to aid someone;delete C:Program FilesActiveHome Proxlinks.xml the pops on software don't disappear but don't execute.

It's a smile from Canada ;D ;)

YES
x10 Wirless Home you are the best CRAPERS on the world !

Vous etes des ostis de crosseurs ! ;D

M-A Desjardins
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 12:21:29 PM by xet »

Duck69

• Helpful Post Rating: 36
  • Unselfish Love
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 11:29:51 PM »

>:( Dave Rye needs to roll some heads at X10.
From a customers view point, looking at how X10 operates is like watching fruit rot.  :'(

The web site is a Circus, the products are outdated, there's no support (Except for the forum run by volunteers).
Some things you have to buy from eBay or another vendor because they won't sell it to you unless you're a "PRO".
Whatever that is supposed to mean.
  >:(

Ye Gads ! Get with the program or continue this "Ever so slow painful death" of a once fabulous company.

I guess no one at X10 is noticing that people are switching over to other companies products.
And that these same people will advise others to forgo X10 entirely.
"I'm not lazy, I'm just Resistant to exertion."

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 06:21:48 AM »

I understand everyone's concerns regarding the popup.  Your suggestions/comments are always appreciated and I'll continue to share what I hear to others at Team X10.

Guess X10 just doesn't care.

there's no support (Except for the forum run by volunteers

What,  Your didn't get your check yet? ??? ;D :D ;) :)

[TTA Edit Added ID to 2nd QUOTE to clarify for future references.]
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 09:21:56 AM by TakeTheActive »
_ _ ...  ..._ _

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2007, 07:29:16 AM »

I just wish x10 would be truthful about there products; tell everyone they will need a phase coupler, tell everyone they will need noise filters, tell everyone they will need to mod there devices to get past 10 feet and void there warranty, tell everyone that there devices make a very loud klunk when activated.

Tell everyone about the cameras having to be in groups of four before you buy, tell everyone that if you have 12 cameras that they'll never work together as the antenna is directional thus never pointing at all 12 cameras.

Tell everyone that if they buy their system that you will have to spend countless hours and additional hundreds of dollars just to get thing working like they should have from the start, tell them and show them on your website that the wireless cameras are hooked up to wired power supply and that they will probably have to drill holes in the house to plug them in.

Tell everyone that their equipment has to have certain type video adapters for their stuff to work in their software, tell them that the video their software saves will be in one minute increments which defeats the purpose of video.

Tell them that the Macro Library was just an idea and that you didn't have time to take it out of the software, tell everyone that oh it's there but you have to buy  the macros, or tell everyone that they can download famous peoples macros that any 5th grader could have wrote, like I'm sure those rich people bought x10 stuff to automate their home.

should i go on? Just be truthful.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 08:19:28 PM by hawk1 »
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

emil

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2007, 01:42:27 PM »

I wish X10 would just release an Errata list for their products with workarounds. Ti, Freescale, Microchip all do it, at least you know what you're dealing with!

If after a condition I can't clear a flag but need to do some other sort of command, so be it. This is not million dollar software with million dollar products, those types of limitations I can accept. Instead of me spending days of aggravation and getting pissed at X10 I could move on with a working product (in my mind) even if it requires some unorthodox programming steps.

Just like hawk1 said above, just tell us!
ActiveHomePro 3.310
SmartMacros 3.310

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2007, 05:18:47 PM »

Comment on the Forum outage.

What happened?  The forums were off-line from Saturday morning to sometime today (Sunday)  The server would respond to "Ping" requests, but the Forums woukkd not load, either by a browser bookmark/favorite or a line on an X10.com site.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2007, 07:05:17 PM »

Now we need a "work around" for the internet ! 

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2007, 07:35:03 PM »

Yeah! If the forum goes down again I am going to write X10 a letter, and then call them on the phone, and read it to them.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 07:36:53 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2007, 09:12:34 PM »

We need one here too.  Our broadband connection went down last week.  Unfortunately, they don't offer a dial-in option, so we were off-line until they fixed the problem.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2007, 09:53:00 PM »

All I want to find out is why the Forums were unavailable from Saturday morning to some time today (Sunday). It was  www.x10community.com/forums/index.php, not the entire Internet. That was completely normal in every way.

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2007, 05:42:07 AM »

All I want to find out is why the Forums were unavailable from Saturday morning to some time today (Sunday). It was www.x10community.com/forums/index.php, not the entire Internet. That was completely normal in every way.

Dan... The Forums weren't down the hole time. Most of Saturday during the day, then they came back online. They were online early Sunday morning then went back offline.

----------------KDR
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2007, 06:35:56 AM »

Thanks!!

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2007, 08:18:40 PM »

• I wish X10 would just release an Errata list for their products with workarounds...

This is not going to happen, at least any time soon, since, AFAIK, the X10 Pro position, formerly held by MichaelC, was never filled.

• ...If after a condition I can't clear a flag but need to do some other sort of command, so be it. This is not million dollar software with million dollar products, those types of limitations I can accept. Instead of me spending days of aggravation and getting pissed at X10 I could move on with a working product (in my mind) even if it requires some unorthodox programming steps...

Well, «  on: 2007-04-08, 14:29:14 » I created: User-Submitted Work-Arounds [Updated: 2007/05/04]  (Read 257 times) , where I stated:

"I know that there are many other Work-Arounds in the Archives - I remember reading them myself, once-upon-a-time... But, I'm only one person. PLEASE help me out by replying to this thread with others as YOU discover them."

Over the past 30 days, you can COUNT ON YOUR TAIL the number of Work-Arounds submitted by anyone here other than me. >:(

And, this isn't the FIRST time that I've asked for INPUT / VOLUNTEERS / HELP from the X10 Community and gotten SQUAT in return.
Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

emil

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2007, 08:01:13 AM »

Sorry, I previously put it here, I'll link it

http://www.x10community.com/forums/index.php?topic=12488.0
ActiveHomePro 3.310
SmartMacros 3.310
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.