Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macro, advanced macro, flag?  (Read 4813 times)

froc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Macro, advanced macro, flag?
« on: December 17, 2006, 08:14:12 PM »

I just begin with x10 and i'm not a programmer. Is it possible to program a remote chime (SC546A) to chime only once with a "pause" of one minute for example?  Motion sensor is EagleEye MS14A, transceiver is TM751 and appliance module AM14A-C to control a lamp. All works fine, but... wants better!  And more:It seems that's easier to program a macro than adjusting the time output of the MS14A in a ladder!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Macro, advanced macro, flag?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 08:19:40 PM »

Which program are you trying to use macros with?
The chance of of doing what you wish are good but we need to know what program your using or thinking of using! 
    [li]firecracker[/li]
    [li]Activehome[/li]
    [li]ActiveHome Pro[/li]
    [li] something else[/li]
    [/list] ??? ::)
    « Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 08:24:55 PM by Tuicemen »
    Please Read Topic:
    General Forum Etiquette
    Before you post!

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
      • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
    « Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 10:18:01 PM »

I just begin with x10 and i'm not a programmer. Is it possible to program a remote chime (SC546A) to chime only once with a "pause" of one minute for example?  Motion sensor is EagleEye MS14A, transceiver is TM751 and appliance module AM14A-C to control a lamp. All works fine, but... wants better!  And more:It seems that's easier to program a macro than adjusting the time output of the MS14A in a ladder!

Hmm... I wonder if X-10 has fixed the bug in the SC546A ?   The one I (and a few others) have is incompatible with the AM14A.  Any two extended codes within about 1.5 seconds on the same housecode as the chime will turn it into an ear-splitting siren that has to be unplugged to shut it off.

If you have ActiveHome Pro, try clicking the "Poll" button on the AM14A icon a couple of times in succession and see what happens.

Yesterday it worked.
    Today it doesn't work.
    X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

froc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
    « Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 09:46:30 PM »

Program I use is "Active Home Professional" and the poll button of the AM14A changes the chime in a siren to be unplugged to stop. Chances to program for one chime are not good...   Thanks!

Puck

• Advanced Member
    • Helpful Post Rating: 171
    « Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 09:57:00 PM »

If you have a SH10A Mini PowerHorn, you can get a single ding from it: Re: X10 system and Mini Powerhorn

I never tried the dim / brighten on a Remote Chime(?)

Tuicemen

• Administrator
    • Helpful Post Rating: 282
    • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
    « Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 10:01:14 PM »

With smart macros you can add chimes how ever many times and with any delays you wish,how ever the macro can't exceed 4.5 hours in length ;) :D ;D
    If you wish to add flags read some of the many threads on them to fully understand how and why! ;) :D ;D
    Also read my thread Topic: Having X10 AHP Problems? Please Read This First!  (Read 10519 times)
    Even though you may not be having problems there are some very usefull links there which will help you become an experienced user quickly and provide you with a very reliable setup! ;) :D ;D
    Please Read Topic:
    General Forum Etiquette
    Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
    © Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.