Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dimming a light switch on lamp module  (Read 4089 times)

JERRY VARN

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Dimming a light switch on lamp module
« on: December 20, 2006, 08:03:48 PM »

can anyone tell me why when i set a dimable light switch to 40 % and run it from the pc i can make it turn on and then brighten to 40%, but , when i down load it and run the smart macro from a hand held remote it always turns the light on at 100 % and then dims it to 40 %. when i run the macro at night it blinds me then sets to 40 %.  ???????

jkarney

Re: Dimming a light switch on lamp module
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 01:34:29 AM »

JERRY VARN,

Can you provide more information.  What kind of lamp module? X10 brand or Smarthome brand? Model #?

If you are using a LM465 lamp module; from the off state this module will go to full bright then go to the dim level desired. I have linked a thread that discusses what I think you are looking to do. 

As for another option;  I was using the X10 LM465 lamp module and did not care to program the marco to soft start my light. I just ended up purchasing a Smarthome LampLinc PLC #2000SHL which supports soft start to replace my LM465. Unfortunately Smarthome has discontinued this product. Smarthome is now pushing the INSTEON LampLinc V2 Lamp Dimmer #2456D3. I have not tested this module but after some reading it appears to support the soft start.

I hope this helps.  ::) :o ;D

[TTA Edit: Added description to LINK.]
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 02:09:02 PM by TakeTheActive »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.