Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How do I control DHC switches with AH-Pro  (Read 4321 times)

gbinplano

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
How do I control DHC switches with AH-Pro
« on: January 26, 2007, 07:05:50 PM »

I installed an eleven light chandelier that is populated with 60w bulbs - too much wattage for the x10 three- way switch I was using.  SmartHome had the Leviton 1000W DHC dimmer that uses x10.  However, it doesn't have house code and number addressing.  Is there some way to control this thing with AH-Pro?

GB in Plano

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: How do I control DHC switches with AH-Pro
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 11:27:12 PM »

I installed an eleven light chandelier that is populated with 60w bulbs - too much wattage for the x10 three- way switch I was using.  SmartHome had the Leviton 1000W DHC dimmer that uses x10.  However, it doesn't have house code and number addressing.  Is there some way to control this thing with AH-Pro?

GB in Plano

Who told you it didn't have have house codes and number addressing if it's x10 compatible it would have to have this to control it. I also have concerns about the compatibility issues because the Leviton uses soft start and ramps up slowly. Why don't you just give Smart Home a call and ask them. Their tech support isn't the best but they should be able to address that question I posted a similar question on this board but haven't got a response yet so I'll probably have to do the same. Good Luck!

Tom j

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 01:29:15 AM »

The Leviton DHC line is X10 compatible.  The older "red line" dimmer switches (with the red LED) have small rotary switches under the paddle for the house and unit codes.  The newer "green line" are programmed electronically.  First depress the small minimum brightness setting switch until the LED flashes.  Then send the house/unit code, followed by ON.  Here is a link to the manual:

http://jeffvolp.home.att.net/refdata/UniversalDimmer.pdf

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

gbinplano

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 12:52:20 AM »

DUH!!!

Thanks to both of you who replied.  Whudda thunk it could be so easy.  Of course, reading the directions might help!

GB in Plano

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 02:05:55 AM »

The Leviton DHC line is X10 compatible.  The older "red line" dimmer switches (with the red LED) have small rotary switches under the paddle for the house and unit codes.  The newer "green line" are programmed electronically.  First depress the small minimum brightness setting switch until the LED flashes.  Then send the house/unit code, followed by ON.  Here is a link to the manual:

http://jeffvolp.home.att.net/refdata/UniversalDimmer.pdf

Jeff

Say Jeff do you know if AHP supports that soft start? also wondering how it would handle that All Lights On All Light Off command.

Tom j

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 11:21:20 AM »

Say Jeff do you know if AHP supports that soft start? also wondering how it would handle that All Lights On All Light Off command.

Even when switched on locally, they ramp up over 1 to 2 seconds.  They respond to a X10 command the same way when just turned ON/OFF.  When switched on, they ramp up to their previous dim setting.

I use the Leviton pre-set dim commands with these switches to set the exact light level rather than just ON/OFF.  Since I don't use AHP myself, I don't know whether it supports that capability.  It is an extended command.

Jeff
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 07:58:03 PM by JeffVolp »
X-10 automation since the BSR days

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.