Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: on alert and security motion detector  (Read 13856 times)

david3336

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
on alert and security motion detector
« on: December 25, 2006, 04:03:38 PM »

I installed the motion detector and built a macro that goes if it is between 530pm and 630am turn on c3 (dinning room lamp) and dim to 50% it comes on all the time day or night any help would be great.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: on alert and security motion detector
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 10:29:03 PM »

I have found that NO time conditionals will work in macros that I have created in "Onalert".  Sorry..........

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 06:04:53 AM »

david3336: What you will have to do is create 2 macros, the first one is triggered by your security motion sensor. When you create that macro you will see at the bottom of the macro screen that it says "Macro must be run from the PC" Have this first macro turn on a dummy appliance module set to an unused House/Unit code. Now create a second macro with the same House/Unit code as the dummy appliance module you set up in the first macro. Setup your time conditions also in this second macro. At the bottom of the macro window you will see the option to select "Store in Interface" or "Run From PC" Be sure to check the "Store in Interface" as your selection. Have this second macro control the lights at the times you want.

Most of the Conditions have to be saved and run from the Interface to make them work so any macro that doesn't give you the option to "save to interface " will require more then 1 macro to use the conditionals.
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

david3336

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 08:12:47 AM »

thanks guys for the help I'll give it a try when i get time

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.