Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Macro problem - probably common  (Read 10188 times)

abedford

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Macro problem - probably common
« on: December 26, 2006, 10:24:27 AM »

I'm guessing this question has been asked several times before, but I looked for a while and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I have a few sets of lights in my house that get turned on to complete a 10 second task, but don't get turned back off (kids).  These lights are controlled by X10 Decora dimmer switches - local control is a MUST in my house to keep everyone happy.

Here's what I would LIKE to do, not sure if it is possible...

Create a macro that sends an OFF signal 10 minutes after these lights are turned on at the switch.  I created a macro and it works fine if the lights are turned on by a remote or at the computer, but doesn't work when the lights are turned on locally.  Is there anyway to get AHP to sense when the lights are turned on locally and trigger the macro?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Macro problem - probably common
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 10:36:14 AM »

Is there anyway to get AHP to sense when the lights are turned on locally and trigger the macro?

I do not believe that any of X10's switches can trigger a macro... not even 2-way switches. You would have to use a different brand of switch for this (e.g. the ICON switches transmit a PLC ON & OFF when manually pressed.)

If the area of the lights are dark enough when the lights are off, you could use the Dusk /Dawn feature of an MSxx motion detector to trigger a macro when the lights are turned on manually.

TakeTheActive

• Helpful Post Rating: 126
  • Old !@#$% Tinkerer!
Re: Macro problem - probably common
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 04:01:55 PM »

Here's what I would LIKE to do:

Create a macro that sends an OFF signal 10 minutes after these lights are turned on at the switch.  I created a macro and it works fine if the lights are turned on by a remote or at the computer, but doesn't work when the lights are turned on locally.

Is there anyway to get AHP to sense when the lights are turned on locally and trigger the macro?

If the area of the lights are dark enough when the lights are off, you could use the Dusk /Dawn feature of an MSxx motion detector to trigger a macro when the lights are turned on manually.

What? No LINK?? I'm *DEEPLY* hurt... :'(

Low Post Count != Low Knowledge - High Post Count != High Knowledge ;)

ADVICE TO X-10 NEWBIES FROM AN X-10 OLD-TIMER

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.