Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Coupler/Repeater - Which one?  (Read 6471 times)

Bill H

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Coupler/Repeater - Which one?
« on: December 27, 2006, 12:38:53 PM »

Suspect my older Leviton Coupler/Repeater has a problem and I'm planning to replace it. The ACT CR234 looks promising, but has anyone tried it or are there other suggestions? Tnx!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Coupler/Repeater - Which one?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 01:15:05 PM »

Why do you think your coupler/repeater is failing?
Going out and replacing it with another without digging into the reason this one isn't working is not recommended! ;)
There maybe nothing wrong with your coupler\repeater
Look at stuff you've recently added to your house TV,Microwave,stereo etc ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 01:19:28 PM »

Is the problem a powerline fire storm of continuous X10 signals?
AHP and the CM15A are known to have problems with some Levitons and some have also said Smarthome ones.

Bill H

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 02:46:09 PM »

I used the Leviton HCA02 about 2 years ago and learned about firestorms, as Brian mentioned, the hard way. Replaced it with a Leviton 6201 and all those problems cleared up. Now, however, for about 6 months I get erroneous signals on the line causing a variety of things to go on or off.

I've discounted noise (although I have filters everywhere except a whole-house filter) because the signals are not really totally random: they ONLY occur when something is tripped, such as a motion sensor, and very, very often it is an "11" code (B11, C11, D11, etc.) I'm monitoring the line with the AHP Activity Monitor. Sometimes it sees the error; sometimes it doesn't. I've also changed all the modules of lights that are most often affected.

I'm using a V572 transceiver with a Smarthome adaptor (also replaced the V572 with a new one and tried a new X10 adaptor with it, but got the same results). I'm suspecting the repeater is receiving a code and occasionally repeating another (which would explain why the Activity Monitor doesn't always see it since it's only looking at one 120V leg.) I'm also running out of things to change! Any thoughts would be much appreciated....

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.