Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Smart RF Repeater (SR731) NOT Working  (Read 9008 times)

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
Smart RF Repeater (SR731) NOT Working
« on: December 30, 2006, 10:27:40 AM »

I can't get my ol' SR731 to work at all with my CM15A and AHPro.  :(

At first, I thought the SR731 might have died.  So, I got out one of my (very old)
Transceivers.  You know, the type that supported only one house code, only 8
unit codes, and has the built-in appliance module.    With that, the SR731 works
just fine.  When I press the SR731's Test button, it sends out an M1 On command
and when I release the Test button, it sends out an M1 Off command.  The
Transceiver built-in appliance module makes the correct, characteristic "click"
sound.

However, if I unplug the old Transceiver, AHPro and the CM15A seem to completely
ignore the SR731.  If I press the Test button; nothing.  Nothing is even recorded
in AHPro's Activity Monitor.

Why doesn't AHPro and the CM15A not support the SR731?  I could, possibly,
see it not liking the re-transmission of RF, but the Test button should "look" just
like any other controller.

BTW, the SR731 doesn't work even when plugged into the same outlet as the
CM15A, and yes, I do have AHPro set to receive RF house code "M".

Does anyone else have it working?
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

hostilejava

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
    • HostileJava
Re: Smart RF Repeater (SR731) NOT Working
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 11:53:35 AM »

Have you tried clearing the CM15a and redownloading?  I've had to do that in the past to get it to transieve RF after I change the settings in AHP.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 12:13:39 PM »

I have done the "Clear Interface Memory" and the "Download Timers and Macros...".   Doesn't seem to have made a difference.   

I really need to get this all going.  The CM15A, just like my previous RF receivers, doesn't seem to be able to fully reach from everywhere.  The SR731 was just the right solution, being able to just about double the supported area, and I had planned to continue that configuration now with the CM15A.

Thanks, though, for taking the time to reply.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

Billaban

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 12:27:49 PM »

Not sure the context is correct for this concept but I have read many entries in this forum about needing to remove the batteries (and unplugging 110VAC) from the CM15A in order to acheive a complete reset.  Maybe worth a try.  I would presume that the SR731 should work but it sounds like yours is dead.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 12:31:44 PM »

I would presume that the SR731 should work but it sounds like yours is dead.

I am pretty sure it isn't dead, because the SR731 works just fine when paired with a std X10 RF Transceiver.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 12:33:26 PM »

Here is the reset procedure that hostilejava and Billaban are referring to.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 12:36:16 PM »

The only problem is that AHP does not support the SR731 as of version 3.204. If it will be added is unknown.  :(
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 12:59:20 PM »

The only problem is that AHP does not support the SR731 as of version 3.204. If it will be added is unknown.  :(

That is what I was afraid of.   :'(

Though, I still don't understand why the Activity Monitor doesn't show its signals, even if it doesn't actually respond to them.  I mean, the Activity Monitor goes as far as showing the HomeLink activity coming from the garage.

hostilejava

• HostileJava
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 01:00:10 PM »

Maybe I"m missing somthing, but I don't see how/why AHP wouldn't support it.  From my understanding the SR731 just takes the RF signal and repeats it.  So as long as the CM15a is indeed set to transcieve on the housecode you are transmitting on it should pickup any standard x10 commands, log them, and send them to the powerline.  Or maybe there is somthing I don't understand?

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 01:03:27 PM »

Does the SR731 somehow "tag" the signals as being a duplicate, thus making them different or odd from regular signals?  If so, are these "tags" what causes the CM15A to ignore them? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 02:00:26 AM »

Maybe I"m missing somthing, but I don't see how/why AHP wouldn't support it.  From my understanding the SR731 just takes the RF signal and repeats it.  So as long as the CM15a is indeed set to transcieve on the housecode you are transmitting on it should pickup any standard x10 commands, log them, and send them to the powerline.  Or maybe there is somthing I don't understand?

Say I'm with you on this one, I agree seems like as long as it's sending a valid signal it would pick it up and record it. Say Walt2 why don't you e-mail x10 at prioritysupport@x10.com and ask them and then post the reply here so we can all see it.

Tom j

I don't sell this OOPS that's Dave's Line, Sorry Dave  ::)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 01:39:15 PM »

I don't sell this OOPS that's Dave's Line, Sorry Dave  ::)

Thats OK! I borrowed a similar line from a post by Tuicemen. But because I used it "out of text" the line didn't seem as positive as when Tuicemen wrote it. TTA offered a a revision in a PM. And based on that suggestion I changed my tag line.

I think the line says what many of us often feel. I am not trying to sell anything to anyone. But I am big fan of X10, and home automation. And, I will gladly give a little of my time here at the forum, to help anyone else that may have had similar problems as myself.

In return, I have both learned and been inspired to do more by other members here at the forum.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

hostilejava

• HostileJava
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2007, 02:52:27 PM »

Here Here!  Well Said!

Walt2

• Advanced Member
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2007, 04:56:07 PM »

But I am big fan of X10, and home automation. And, I will gladly give a little of my time here at the forum, to help anyone else that may have had similar problems as myself.

I have been using X10 since around 1978, and Sears' brand brown modules.  I have popped in and out of various pier-to-pier help groups over those years, with the x10community here the latest.

I will admit, though, I did become a bit spoiled.  For almost 10 years, I was able to shoot an email off to Michael Cole at X10, and get a personal answer to questions like  "why don't my SR731's work with my new CM15a?"  And if it was suppose to work, Michael would work with me to find out why it wasn't (and fix the CM15a or AHP to make it work if needed). 

Now, I just feel kind-of lost.    :(
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 04:58:58 PM by Walt2 »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.