Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: sensor won't trigger modules  (Read 22059 times)

jimnfl

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
sensor won't trigger modules
« on: December 30, 2006, 01:23:33 PM »

i can get the senosr to trigger a module in a macro.  i can manually trigger the macro by clicking the bljue button.  i don't think the interface is sending a pl signal.  any suggestion.  i'm trying to have light come on when door sensor is triggered.  thanks jim

hostilejava

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
    • HostileJava
Re: sensor won't trigger modules
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 01:31:33 PM »

I assume your are talking about a door/window sensor that you are trying to get to trigger a macro to turn a light on when a door is opened?  Do you have the door sensor set to a delay?  If triggering the macro manually by clicking on run turns the light on then the cm15a is indeed sending a plc signal.  Open up your activity monitor in AHP by clicking on the F2 key on your keyboard and watch to see if the cm15a logs an RF command, and what RF information is recieved when you open the door and trigger the door sensor.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 05:12:39 PM »

jimnfl:
If after following hostilejava's suggestion you don't see any RF signal reports in the AM you may have a RF range issue!
Some building materials used during construction can almost kill RF signals from getting to the CM15A!
Do an Advanced Search for RF range and you'll get lots of suggestions on how to improve the reception!

There is also a link to some more helpful info here:
 Topic: Having X10 AHP Problems? Please Read This First!  (Read 11071 times)   including a link for increasing RF range!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

jimnfl

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 07:13:10 AM »

thanks for the input.  yes i am referring to door/window sensors.  the macro will run if i select the run macro blue button.  the report show the rf from sensor and plc from macro  but to no avail the module will not trigger.  i been fighting this issue for a while ;writing several macros trying all different ways and i render that the onalert plugin useless.  really frustrating.  am i the only one with this problem?  do i need to redownload software or just give up...

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 07:43:25 AM »

jimnfl: Do you have any conditions in the macro like day of week or time conditions?  When using security modules to trigger a macro in AHP the macro has to run from the PC as indicated at the bottom of the macro screen. You can't select save to interface the options are grayed out. When a macro is indicated like this most conditionals won't work and the macro will never trigger. There are work arounds if you need to use conditions.

I have all my door/window sensors triggering macros to turn on a indicator light and some sending emails. They are all working but at first I had problems because of conditions I set up in the macros.

Sample of one of my macros...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 09:09:43 PM by KDR »
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

jimnfl

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 08:29:49 AM »

my macro is very basic.  sensor tripped turn on a2.  sensor closed turn off a2.  all check out fine on computer but the module doesn't trip.  kinda strange.  if i  click run macro  everything works.  doesn't work when sensor trip macro. 

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 11:21:28 AM »

Since when you click the macro button everything works  the macro is built correctly
Since the Activity monitor (AM) shows you recieved the sensor triped info and sent the  A2 command, something is intefereing with the signal getting to the A2 module.
Have you saved the macro?
Try a PC reboot.
Try another module set to A2 and located in a diferent locations to see if it turns on/off! ;) :D
If an A2 module won't trigger from any where using the sensor
Besure the USB cable is connected securely (you may have a bad cable ::) )
Reload the plug-in ;)
Your AHX file may be corrupt though I doubt it! Try creating a new AHX file with just this macro in it,save and test ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

KDR

• Helpful Post Rating: 53
    • Home Automation Chat
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 11:35:16 AM »

my macro is very basic.  sensor tripped turn on a2.  sensor closed turn off a2.  all check out fine on computer but the module doesn't trip.  kinda strange.  if i  click run macro  everything works.  doesn't work when sensor trip macro. 

When you say it dosn't work when sensor trips macro... when the sensor triggers does the blue button on the macro flash on and off indicating it triggered?

Also what house unit code is the sensor assigned and is the house code for it setup in AHP to be transceived?
Note: "Guests" may read the X10 forum , but you must register to post!

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 12:52:04 PM »

I was having similar problems and I found that inserting a 1 second delay at the beginning of the macro solved the problem.  I know this has been stated by many of us here in the past, but it seems to help in many applications.

jimnfl

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 07:25:48 PM »

Wow!!  Jmac your solution worked  many thanks  :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.