Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Slow to start a macro  (Read 4070 times)

Bruce Ferguson

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Slow to start a macro
« on: December 31, 2006, 01:27:50 AM »

I have searched around and can't find this. If it is already somewhere on the forum, if someone could just point me at the topic, I would be grateful.

I just received AHP and CM15A.

One of the things I had hoped to do was use a sensor (Active Eye) in the closet to trigger the light in the closet.

My problem is that from the time the sensor goes off, it seems to take about 6 seconds for the CM15A to start the macro.

I see this from watching the Activity Monitor in AHP.

11:40:42 H1 On   (Active Eye)
11:40:48 Macro G1 (Closet Light)
11:40:48 Macro G Bright 100% (Closet Light)

You can see it seems to take 6 seconds for the macro to start running after it receive the signal from the sensor.

This will leave me standing in the dark in the closet for about 5 seconds.  :(

Is this normal?
Am I doing something wrong?
Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
--Bruce

Bruce Ferguson

Re: Slow to start a macro
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 09:49:53 AM »

Interestingly, this seems to fix itself when I shutdown AHP and only have the interface operating.

Perhaps it slows down the CM15A when it is having to update the program?

Don't know, but the macro starts within about 1 second when AHP is not running.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 10:53:42 AM »

I also found macros slow to trigger when AHP is running perhaps because of the extra conditions that can be used if AHP is running!
 EG: OnAlert,MyHouse and the Video Plug-in all need AHP to be running to work! ::) ;)

There are a few work arounds I could think of:
One is to close AHP but if you have  one of the above plug-ins that isn't an option

Second is use the settings from the sensor and do away with the macro set the light to the address of the sensor! If you have many lights come on from this or the macro is complex-ed (not just on then off)this to is out of the question.

One last option would be to have the light the same address as the sensor   and remove "light on" from the macro. You may have to set the sensor to the longest delay before sending an off command so it doesn't turn of the light to early!  ::);) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Bruce Ferguson

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 09:50:15 AM »

I'm new to this and just missed the obvious case of setting the light to the same address as the sensor.

Works perfectly.....

Thanks,
--Bruce

robster

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 08:06:52 PM »

When I got my first CM15A it was at the beginning of its lifecycle, and there were tons of HW and SW problems.  Macros wereproblematic and the CM15A was easily swamped if it had to deal with multiple motion sensors.  As a result I try to only use motion sensors to directly trigger modules, so the CM15A doesn't have to do anything.  My system is rock-solid.  Can anyone chime in as to whether lots of motion sensors triggering lots of macros is still a way to invite trouble? 

robster 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.