Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: problem with timers  (Read 5260 times)

david3336

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
problem with timers
« on: January 01, 2007, 10:49:10 AM »

i have a problem with some of my timers so i thought i would ask here i have tried everything i know of so here goes. i have a few false switches made for differant reasons and i set a timers on them one is like a alarm clock type thing on the false switch i set a timer to come on at 630 am and go off at 640 am and it is supposed to play a wave file it never seems to fire so i looked at the activity monitor and every day it starts and stops all in 1 second (like this f7on 6:30:02 and f7 off 6:30:02) and it never fires. any help would be great thanks oh sorry the sound is played by x10dispatch when it receives a f7 on command this is not a micro and i have no problems with other sounds monitored by dispatch.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: problem with timers
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 12:32:22 PM »

There may be a few things going on here:
Sounds like your triggering a dummy nothing is actually being turned on/off !

1: I use the timers very little but there may be a bug with the 10 min interval at 6:30 am! If this is true try changing the time from 10 min to more say 20 min! ;) You may have to trigger on at 6:29 as well ::) ;).

2: Also if your seeing a signal going out X10dispatcher should be catching this ::)
Have you checked the log in X10dispatcher to see if it is seeing the signal? ???

3: Check your settings in X10dispatcher to be sure  the time you wish the sound to fire isn't in the quiet time (if you have that enabled).  ;)

4: There are a lot of options with X10dispatcher so double check your setting in it, it is easy to over look something! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

david3336

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 02:01:34 PM »

i have checked all that and one of the timers i even on 943pm and off at 1134pm .i tried changing the time to odd times. checked all setting in dispatch. and there is no way that i can think of to fire this event by a micro because they are all set for a time.i have been through this off and on for about a month nothing i have tried works but all timers i have set to a real switch works every time is it possible that it is not working because it is not a real module. i know that should not make a differants but this is ahp we are talking about lol thanks

hostilejava

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
    • HostileJava
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 08:04:13 AM »

i have set to a real switch works every time is it possible that it is not working because it is not a real module. i know that should not make a differants but this is ahp we are talking about lol thanks

AHP has know way of  knowing if the module actually exists, most modules aren't 2way anyway so it has to way to know if most of what you create in the program exists :).  As far as troubleshooting your problem, I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 09:13:53 AM »

david3336:
Your dummy/phantom switch should be an  appliance module anything else can create problems!
If it is an Appliance module then create a macro that is triggered by this switch  F7 ON
in the macro add lines
10min delay
F7 OFF

Now in the timers for F7 remove the off time!
save to interface(CM15A)

Now if the problem was, the timer turning off to quickly, it can't!
The timer turns the switch on the macro turns it off ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

david3336

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 07:51:03 PM »

thanks guys i just got time to try changing them to appl. mods from lamp mods. I'll let everyone know the out come in a few days. i just removed the off time completely. if it works ill do a micro to turn it off

david3336

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 10:45:30 AM »

i just thought i would let everyone know that by making the trouble false switches app. mods and removing the off time the events fired just as they should. thanks for all the help you guys are the best

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.