Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A Missing Link?  (Read 15776 times)

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
A Missing Link?
« on: January 01, 2007, 01:01:26 PM »

I just installed OnAlert and am getting it set up to work with the PS561 base station.

So far so good... I've encountered the same problems as posted here, and used the suggestions to make it all work.

However.... What I can't seem to find is how to send a signal (I.E. PANIC) to the PS561 to activate the alarm / dial-out when one of my MS16A's sense motion while the system is armed???

Last October, I posted this:

Once I started using AHP last spring, and have various ActiveEye detectors (MS16A) around the house, I now use them as part of my security system when I'm not home. I use a Universal Module and a spare window/door sensor to interface to the DS7000.

Does anyone else use OnAlert with the PS561? Am I missing how to trip the alarm using OnAlert? Do I still have to use my previous interface method in order to use X10's reliable motion sensors?

[Added link to interface method.]

« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 12:14:31 AM by Puck »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: A Missing Link?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 01:50:22 PM »

I don't have a security remote other than the key flob so I can only guess that adding one in may give you that option! ;) :D
I also don't see away of triggering the consoles even if you add them to the AHP configuration! (I don't own one yet)
Since AHP uses the phantom module trick to interface the security modules I'm thinking (Smell the smoke  ::) ;) ) You may be able to send the RF signal using the phantom module address for a security module! (just a Guess) ::)

I think this option may come out in an update (we can only hope) ;) :D ;D
In the mean time you'll have to use your work around Puck! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 02:08:40 PM »

You may be able to send the RF signal using the phantom module address for a security module! (just a Guess) ::)

Good suggestion Tuicemen; just tried it, but sending the RF of one of the Door/Window sensor phantom address's didn't trigger the PS561.  :(

I think this option may come out in an update (we can only hope) ;) :D ;D
In the mean time you'll have to use your work around Puck! ;)

I hope they do add it in... then I can recover my Universal Module and use it for something else.  :D

Thanks

hostilejava

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
    • HostileJava
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 08:10:40 AM »

I believe the only way to currently get the system to trip using motion sensors is to use the security motion sensors.  I don't see anyway to do it from the OnAlert plugin currently.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.