Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dusk Dawn Timers Don't Work On Time  (Read 17525 times)

Vandalized Victim

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Dusk Dawn Timers Don't Work On Time
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2007, 10:27:35 PM »

Puck,

Silly me, just didn't get used to the short form of HC/UC, simple as that. No, I didn't set to the same address, MS14A is M5 while the lights are socket rocket setting all in A. That must be the problem cause you advised not to use A & M. But like I said timer (only A for the lights on at night) was OK, just not on macro cause tried to use sensor to save some energy, previously on timer for turning on until bed time. Any reason why?

Thanks,
VV

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2007, 11:30:15 PM »

VV: Using A & M are ok, they just have the potential to be problem addresses... but definitely avoid A1.

You have me stumped on this one. If nothing else is triggering the light, then the time condition of the macro should be working cause it looks like you have it set right. If your macro is using ELSE's then strange things sometimes happen. If you can post a picture of the macro then maybe something might appear that will trigger another thought. Sometimes using a small delay (even zero seconds) can help with macros... but generally thats a remedy for when they don't trigger.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2007, 10:32:25 AM »

Oddly enough, I've always had a A1 in my X10 system (it's a light in my Living room) and I've never, ever had a problem with it. It's been there since my first CP290 and has always worked flawlessly.

Noise has been the only problem I've ever encounted and any noise problems were fixed with the appropriate filter.

The only problem I ever had with transceivers was two RR501s that were colliding with each other. One was in the Living Room to receive RF signals from a SS13 and the other received signals from another SS13 in my Breakfast Room. The easy solution was to put the Breakfast Room and the Kitchen on Housecode F.  No more collisions.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

EL34

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • My X-10 projects
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2007, 07:21:44 PM »

Say what resolution are you using? and it's my understanding that you have to observe for a few days depending on what resolution you're using to really determine how accurate it really is. Tom j

Tom, if you were asking me, mine is set at daily ~13%
W10 - CM15A - AHP 3.301 - i Witness - MyHouse online - Smart Macros - SDK using Visual Basic express 2008
My X10 page-> http://www.el34world.com/Misc/home/X10_0.htm
Pages: 1 2 [3]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.