Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What's The Difference Between Monitored and Transceived HouseCodes?  (Read 51040 times)

debbiea

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I am confused as to what transceived house code and monitored house code mean.  What is the difference between monitored and transceived in AHP.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: What's The Difference Between Monitored and Transceived HouseCodes?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 08:58:02 AM »

monitored: Is the HouseCode whose units can be used for macro conditions (if On / if OFF)

transceived: Means that if an RF signal from that HouseCode is received, it will be placed on the power lines (transceived from RF to PLC)

debbiea

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 10:21:40 AM »

So all of my sensors, if being used to run macros, should be set to the Transceived house code?

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 10:29:22 AM »

So all of my sensors, if being used to run macros, should be set to the Transceived house code?

If your sensors are ONLY triggering macros, then there is no need to have them Transceived. Transceiving unnecessary HouseCodes just clutters up your electrical lines with unused signals.

debbiea

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 10:37:51 AM »

I know I am not wording my question right.  I have a transceiver (TM751?) that I have set to housecode D.  I also have the CM15A hooked up to my computer.  I have my transceived house code set to P.  I have my monitored house code set to D.  Also, all of my switches,lamp modules, and cameras are set to D.  My motion sensor is set to housecode P.  Everything is working really well.  If I want to use different house codes other than D, do I have to watch what types of modules I put on different housecodes?  For example, if I want to add some more sensors that will be sending out RF signals to start a macro will I always have to set them to housecode P since that is my transceived house code?

debbiea

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 10:40:37 AM »

If your sensors are ONLY triggering macros, then there is no need to have them Transceived. Transceiving unnecessary HouseCodes just clutters up your electrical lines with unused signals.

Then what is the transceived house code used for

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 10:48:17 AM »

monitored: Is the HouseCode whose units can be used for macro conditions (if On / if OFF)

transceived: Means that if an RF signal from that HouseCode is received, it will be placed on the power lines (transceived from RF to PLC)

So you can't have two HouseCodes used for Macros, since only one HouseCode is "monitored"??

I use two different HouseCodes for my macros (OK, I have more than 16 macros!).  I have those two (and only those two) HouseCodes set for "transceiver", and I just picked one of the two for "monitored".  That doesn't work?

EDIT:

Oh, wait... maybe I get it...

The "Monitored" HouseCode is acted upon by the CM15A, but the RF signals aren't also echoed onto the powerlines.

The "Transeiver" HouseCodes are not only acted upon by the CM15A, but also echoed onto the powerlines.

Is that the difference?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 10:52:46 AM by Walt2 »
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

debbiea

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 10:55:01 AM »

I know I am not wording my question right.  I have a transceiver (TM751?) that I have set to housecode D.  I also have the CM15A hooked up to my computer.  I have my transceived house code set to P.  I have my monitored house code set to D.  Also, all of my switches,lamp modules, and cameras are set to D.  My motion sensor is set to housecode P.  Everything is working really well.  If I want to use different house codes other than D, do I have to watch what types of modules I put on different housecodes?  For example, if I want to add some more sensors that will be sending out RF signals to start a macro will I always have to set them to housecode P since that is my transceived house code?

I think I may have gotten that backwards since I am not sitting in front of my home computer....If the monitored house code is the setting where you can only set one code then that is the one I have set to P.  My transceived housecode is set to D.

Maybe I am starting to get it:

If I am using remote controls to do things like turn on lamps, etc those modules have to be set to the monitored house code?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 11:00:51 AM by debbiea »

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 11:02:03 AM »

For example, if I want to add some more sensors that will be sending out RF signals to start a macro will I always have to set them to housecode P since that is my transceived house code?

No. In fact you can turn OFF P as a tranceived housecode in your setup, since your motion detectors are not directly controlling anything (I.E. motion sensors are not at the same address as any module / camera / etc.)

If I want to use different house codes other than D, do I have to watch what types of modules I put on different housecodes?  

Not at all. But you should organize them in a logical manner. Easier to remember what's what.  ;)

TTA has some ideas here: HOUSECODES: By Room or By Module Type or By Function or...?

Then what is the transceived house code used for

Example:

• If your motion sensor is set to the same address as a (e.g.) Light, then Transceive that HouseCode

• If your motion sensor is only Triggering a Macro, that HouseCode does not require Transceiving

My transceived housecode is set to D.

debbiea: If this is the HouseCode that you also have the TM751 set to, DO NOT Transceive it with the CM15A... it will cause power line collisions when they BOTH receive an RF signal on this HouseCode.

If I am using remote controls to do things like turn on lamps, etc those modules have to be set to the monitored house code?

NO, that HouseCode would have to be Transceived.  ;)

[EDIT: add answer to last question.]
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 11:30:38 AM by Puck »

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 11:06:38 AM »

So you can't have two HouseCodes used for Macros, since only one HouseCode is "monitored"??

Only for macro CONDITIONS.

The "Monitored" HouseCode is acted upon by the CM15A, but the RF signals aren't also echoed onto the powerlines.

The "Transeiver" HouseCodes are not only acted upon by the CM15A, but also echoed onto the powerlines.

Is that the difference?

Yes... Monitored does not automatically mean Transceived. They are 2 independent attributes.

debbiea

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 11:50:18 AM »

OK, let me see if I have this right.  If I am using macros to control some modules, I need to have the macros themselves on the house code that is monitored.  And, if all I am doing is controlling some modules with macros, I don't have to have those modules set as transceived.  Otherwise,  if I am using remote controls to control lights, cameras, etc,  I need to have the house codes those modules are set to as being transceived (even if sometimes they are controlled by macros).  Do I have this correct now?

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 12:01:41 PM »

OK, let me see if I have this right.  If I am using macros to control some modules, I need to have the macros themselves on the house code that is monitored.

No... the monitored housecode just allows you to use it in a macro's condition: If MODULE D1 is ON then.... If MODULE D1 is OFF then...

Other than using those conditions, the monitored housecode doesn't do much more for you.

You can still control non-monitored housecodes via macros.

And, if all I am doing is controlling some modules with macros, I don't have to have those modules set as transceived. 

Correct.

Otherwise,  if I am using remote controls to control lights, cameras, etc,  I need to have the house codes those modules are set to as being transceived (even if sometimes they are controlled by macros).  Do I have this correct now?

Yes... if you want any modules to be controlled directly via a remote, that housecode needs to be tranceived.

debbiea

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 12:14:00 PM »

OK, let me see if I have this right.  If I am using macros to control some modules, I need to have the macros themselves on the house code that is monitored.

No... the monitored housecode just allows you to use it in a macro's condition: If MODULE D1 is ON then.... If MODULE D1 is OFF then...

Other than using those conditions, the monitored housecode doesn't do much more for you.

You can still control non-monitored housecodes via macros.

So, the monitored housecode is used solely to check the current state (on,off,etc) of a module on that housecode that is being tested in a macro. In other words, if I write a macro to turn on a lamp if it is not already on, that lamp would have to be set to housecode D which is being monitored.

[TTA Edit: Removed debbiea's reply from Puck's QUOTE.]
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 02:50:35 PM by TakeTheActive »

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2007, 12:21:49 PM »

So, the monitored housecode is used solely to check the current state (on,off,etc) of a module on that housecode that is being tested in a macro. In other words, if I write a macro to turn on a lamp if it is not already on, that lamp would have to be set to housecode D which is being monitored.

Exactly  :)

debbiea

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2007, 12:26:42 PM »

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain this to me.  I finally understand!!!!
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.