Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What caused you to set up a surveillance system?  (Read 6030 times)

Jeremyj

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
What caused you to set up a surveillance system?
« on: January 06, 2007, 11:45:14 AM »

For me it all started when my country house was burglarized and vandalized by some of the locals, one of them being my next-door neighbor’s 20-year-old white trash hillbilly’s piece of ****. (No offense to all the good hillbillies out there.) They stole everything of value, ate all my food and left a huge turd in the toilet. When they were done, they took my 2 fire extinguishers and emptied them through every square inch of my home. They even poked a hole in the oil pan of my Jeep and stole the oil. That’s right! Stole the ****ing oil. At least I didn’t have to clean the driveway. My neighbor called me in the city the night it happened and gave me some bull**** story about how they, he and his son chased the kids out. They also seemed to know exactly what was stolen. There was even a trail of my property, mostly food, leading to their property, like Hansel and Gretel.

So I called the Sheriff’s office and they wouldn’t even come out and take a report. They did it over the phone. Didn’t even want to ask my neighbor any questions.

Over the next couple of months some other items were taken from around my property such as my firewood, an unused satellite dish, and an old stereo from my storage shed that did not work. Every time I told my neighbor, he said he thought he knew who did it and would ask some questions. Yeah right. And all the while I played dumb like I didn’t know he was guilty as hell.

Two months ago I caught on tape, my neighbor’s son, the piece of **** I described earlier, walking around with a pellet riffle on my property. I also found a cigarette butt, his brand, on my deck. When I confronted him about the butt, he said he was checking the locks because he heard beeping and thought my alarm may have gone off. I told him that was not the alarm but was the surveillance system out of tape. He then said if I saw him walking around my property with his pellet gun, he was just shooting deer because they were eating their plants. I told him no problem.

The next month when I went up to the house, all my outdoor floodlights were shot out. What happened was one of my wireless cameras had drifted off channel causing my quad processor to sound an alarm. My neighbor’s son probably thought I was out of tape and decided to have some fun with his pellet gun. I told the dad that I was not out of tape and that the system will beep for all sorts of reasons. He told his son and now every time his son drove past my house, he would look straight ahead instead of waving like he normally does.

Unfortunately the camera that drifted was my outdoor camera and I didn’t catch a thing. The good news is idiot boy thinks I have him on film, although I have not confronted him yet.

I just ordered some WIRED cameras.

And that’s my story. >:(

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: What caused you to set up a surveillance system?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 12:06:51 PM »

Your big mistake was flushing the toilet and discarding the DNA identification of the burglar.  :)

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Jeremyj

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: What caused you to set up a surveillance system?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 04:10:59 PM »

What makes you think I flushed? ;D

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.