Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is it possible to use ActiveHome Pro as an interval timer?  (Read 2555 times)

ditylmb

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Is it possible to use ActiveHome Pro as an interval timer?
« on: January 05, 2007, 10:14:59 AM »

I am a keeper of Poison Dart Frogs, and I have a need to automatically run my terrarium misting system every other day.  Is it possible to have ActiveHome Pro activate my appliance module on an interval basis (e.g., every other day, every three days, every four hours, etc.)?  Thanks.

Regards,

David Tanzer
Charlotte, Vermont

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Is it possible to use ActiveHome Pro as an interval timer?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 10:25:48 AM »

I'm not aware of any interval setting, but you can create a timer to have it come on and off at a particular time on certain days.

If the misting is vital for the frogs, I wouldn't put their life in the hands of X10 / AHP control, to many things can cause the misting system to not come on or turn off.  :-

hostilejava

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
    • HostileJava
Re: Is it possible to use ActiveHome Pro as an interval timer?
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 04:14:59 PM »

What kind of schedule do you need?  I have it controlling the lighting/heating/misting for my hermit crabs.  You can't really set it up to go off every 3 days, but you can set a timer to go off say on Mon Thur Sat.  Not exactly 3 day intervals, but close.  Mine is setup to have the lights come on at dawn and off at dusk, mist every 3 hours(had to setup 7 timers), and the heatpad I have come on at night around 10pm and off around 4am.  Also I'm interested in seeing your collection.  I used to keep quite a number of frogs and at one point I had a dwarf poison dart frog(green and black), sorry I can't remember the name off the top of my head. 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.