Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Just making sure I understand  (Read 3736 times)

scottw

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Just making sure I understand
« on: January 15, 2007, 07:09:57 PM »

I bought a small kit that has the cm15a, an appliance, and light module. Now I know the cm15a can send out RF commands but do the individual modules receive the commands thru RF or thru the house wiring?  Now I know I can buy the tm751 if I am having trouble with the modules and the cm15a talking thru the house wiring and I know the tm751 will talk to the cm15a thru RF but how does the tm751 talk to the modules, RF or wiring?

Sorry for all the basic questions but I think once I understand how everything communicates I will know exactly what I need.

Thanks,
Scott

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Just making sure I understand
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 07:15:12 PM »

The CM15A talks to modules PLC unless it is a transceiver like the TM751 .  The TM751 doesn't talk to the CM15A via RF it only listens for RF and sends the matching PLC
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 07:19:06 PM »

Modules are controlled by a powerline signal and do not use RF signals.
The CM15A can send powerline signals as well as receive powerline signals.
It can receive RF signals; convert them [tranceive] and send them back on the powerline.
It can also send RF signals to devices that can be controlled by RF signals.
The TM751 does not talk to the CM15A with RF.
It receives RF signals and transceives them back to the powerline where the CM15A could receive it as a powerline signal.
The TM751 has no powerline receiver in it and can blindly step on an existing powerline signal in progress.

scottw

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 07:24:03 PM »

First, SUPER FAST REPLY.

Second thanks for clarifing. So if I have trouble getting the commands sent to certain "circuits" I would need a tm751 plugged somewhere in the same "circuit" I am having trouble getting to, right? In that case the cm15a would send a RF command and the 751 would receive it and send a PLC signal to the module, right?

Thanks,
Scott

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 07:28:31 PM »

I would be more inclined to search the trouble shooting tutorials for noise; signal sucker and phase problems.
I have not ever used the CM15A to send an RF signal to a TM751 [don't know if even possible]; but if anyone has they will give more details.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 07:43:51 PM »

scottw:
As Brian suggested Do an Advanced Search it will supply you with lots of info and save you lots of typing! Also check:
Topic: Having X10 AHP Problems? Please Read This First!  (Read 12007 times) for some helpful links!

You can send a RF command to the TM751! and it can be used to help with a problem circuit, However a phase coupler is the best option for this! The TM751 only works for one housecode and isn't polite (meaning it doesn't wait before sending info which could cause problems)! ;) :D ;D
I do use a TM751 to control my cams so it is possible !
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

scottw

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 07:58:46 PM »

OK thanks for the great info. I have been reading alot of posts which is where I got the info about using the tm751 but I think I may have misunderstood  ???

I will also check on the phase coupler as well.

I have the cm15a connected and working with an appliance module, located 2 ft from it  ;D and seems to work on any outlet on the same breaker. Off that breaker I cannot seem to get it to work.

Thanks again for the info, both of you!!!
Scott

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.