Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Boat security?  (Read 3855 times)

waterguys

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Boat security?
« on: January 14, 2007, 07:19:20 AM »

Any suggestion for catching an intruder on my boat when I'm not in the area?
I,ve purchase a camera, motion detector, remote camera, etc. VHS recorder may make too much noise when recording in closed envoirenment, any suggestions?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Boat security?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 09:48:10 AM »

Any suggestion for catching an intruder on my boat

I don't know much about boats. Do you have a cabin cruiser with a 12 volt system and invertion to 120 AC? Or do you have a larger boat (or house boat) with docked connections for AC, phone, etc?

Give us some more info. I would guess other boat owners on the forum have already solved similar problems.

Just off the top of my head... I would guess the blast of an alarm system siren might mask the sound of a VCR clicking on.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

gil shultz

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
Re: Boat security?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 10:02:14 PM »

My suggestion would be to mount everything except the sensor remote from the boat.  If you have a source of power great, if not it could be a lot of work setting it up to run on batteries.  A digital video recorder would be quiet. 

If it were me I would send the digital video and audio from the camera to a safe location, you do not want that stolen.  Also if you have a old camera mount it where it will be found first.  Most would not go for a second camera. 

Have Fun
Gil Shultz

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.