Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I need help with conditions  (Read 5830 times)

paulnoel12

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
I need help with conditions
« on: January 15, 2007, 10:16:20 PM »

I want to set up my so that only one cam in the main office will start to record at night and only when the alarm system is activated. Then all four to record on the weekends but only form 11pm aon friday night to 9pm on sunday evening. The first one how ever will need to record all weekend. I want to be able to have the recording start from a sensor record for about 10 to 15 minutes and stop recording, continuing to record even if a different cam comes on on the weekend and during the week for only the one cam to perform this action. Can any of the experts in here send me the way to set this up in the form of x-10 for dummies?

paulnoel12

Re: I need help with conditions
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 12:34:40 AM »

I need help setting up my camera system.

I have a total of four ninja pan and tilt with four low light wired cams mounted on them, 4 of the activeeye sensors, 5 door sensors on one system, 3 motion sensors on the same security system, 4 door sensors and 1 motion sensor on another system. The following is what i need to be able to do.

1. I want to have the office cam to record when the active eye sensor comes on, one of 3 motion sensors activate, or one of two door sensors activate. i want this to only happen when the office is closed at night and the security system is armed. I want to record about 15 minutes of video if one of the sensors is activated and then i want it emailed to me.

2. I want this camera to once again do this on the weekend no matter what time it is.

3. I want the others cams to record only from Friday night 11:30pm until sunday night at 9:00pm. I want each cam to only record when the active eye that it is close to is activated  or then when only certain sensors activate and the camera move to a set preset for the sensor or to sweep  but if a different sensor activates then the first will shut off and the second will turn on and repeat the same action but the video will continue to record for about 30 minutes and then be emailed to me. OR if it is easier for when ever any camera is activated that the cams will sweep and that the system will switch cams after each cam has made a full sweep.  once again after the recording time is over i want the video emailed to me.

4. It would be even better if I could have either item 1 and 2 do this when the one system is armed and then the others to do this when the other system is armed.

I am a newbie and just installed the equipment, i was going to either put one security system on and the four cams on one house code and the other system on a different house code, or put everthing on one house code but don't know which i should do with the way i want to run my systemand which would be easier or better.

Can one of the experts help me with this and if any one has macros or anything already set-up i would really be thankful for copies of them.

Thanks to everyone

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 02:32:23 PM »

...4 of the activeeye sensors, 5 door sensors on one system, 3 motion sensors on the same security system, 4 door sensors and 1 motion sensor on another system.

Just to be clear, do you have two DS7000 systems (or more to the point, two PS561 Voice Dialers)?

Also, are you using the ActiveHomePro OnAlert plug in?

If yes to both of these questions, then I'm not sure at this point how you are going to distinguish between when one system is armed or both. Do you plan on using separate remotes for each system or just one and using AHP/OnAlert to arm the appropriate system(s) based on day / time?

The only problem with that is OnAlert cannot disarm, so you would have to have different registered remotes for each system (the same remote registered with 2 systems would arm them both at the same time... which you don't want). Unless you have an area issue, you might just want to use one system and let OnAlert do most of the work. But keep in mind that any registered sensors will trigger the PS561 regardless of what you set OnAlert to do.

As far as your cameras go, you might want to use phantom modules with macros for each one. When a motion sensor gets triggered, you could call that dummy module and it's macros could check for the various conditions in which to turn on, record, sweep, etc.

I don't use iWitness (if that's what you are using) but I doubt it can email 15+ minutes of mpeg video. Even at low end MPEG1 quality, that would be close to a 100MB file.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 06:17:44 PM »

paulnoel12
I think As Puck stated you'll have problems with the email part but you could possibly upload to a web site still file would be large. Why not do an autostills (pics every 5 sec) not streaming video but  close pics could be emailed as  file size wouldn't be a problem!
More info is needed as Puck stated. Plus what type of cams are you planing on using and are they wired or wireless.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

paulnoel12

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 08:57:57 PM »

I am using the low light wired cams, I have the ahp, iwitness, onalert, smartmacros, I am using two of the ds7000, i am using each on a different hose code with a different remote adressed to the same house as each system, I do want both systems to be independent of each other as far as arming and dis arming. The equipment is installed in a business. I have been able to create a amcro in which I can arm either system from the internet. The facility runs 5 days a week 24 hours a day except that the main offices closes every night. I have one cam mounted in the office and the one security system is set up for this office. I want to set up the system so in case the last person to leave forgets to arm it it will arm at a set time. I am not worried about it being disarmed because the first person in can disarm it in the morning. I do want the system to stay armed the entire weekend and if it is timed to come on on friday night and then if anyone goes into the office on the weekend it should send me an email. I also want the camera in this area to only be actived by the active eye motion sensor during the same times as it gets busy during the day and i don't neeed to record. We are palnning on getting new phones with data packages so that we can get the emails on our phones. Also i only want the system to record when the motion sensor is actived when noone is supposed to be there.

The second security system is in a production and warhouse area and most of it is occupied from suday evening until friday night and the is empty from friday night to saturday morning. There are three cameras in this area. I want the cameras to only be active and only record if there is motion detected during the times when no one is supposed to be there. I also want the security system to arm after a set time on friday night and then it would remain on until the person coming in on sunday night would disarm it.  I want the system to do basically the same as the office system as far as recording and emailing.

We have set up the cameras with preset positions to focus directly on varios doors that have the dorr/window sensors on them. We would like to have the camera that is in stalled in these areas to move to the preset for a spacific sensor when it is actived and then begin to sweep while recording and then continue to recordfor a set time even if the cameras switch to a different one because the person entered into a different area and the motion sensor was triggered.

The reason we got the alarm and cam systems is because of things that have come up missing with no explination. From what we read on the X-10 site seemed to say that we could do what we needed to accomplish with this system. We thought it would be basically plug and paly but is more complicated then what we thought.

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 09:37:03 PM »

paulnoel12: The set-up you are trying to configure is more complex than most of us here have done at home. As you stated, X10 is not exactly plug 'n' play; especially when you are integrating the security system(s) with cameras and controlling with AHP. Since this is for a place of business, I think your best option is to find a local security contractor who installs X10 equipment. You mentioned your cameras are wired, so unless you have a quad-processor to keep them all active and able to record from all simultaneously, you will have to create some in-depth macros for controlling their power with appliance modules (one will not automatically go off when the other is turned on unless you have the special addressable power supplies). You also mention that this is for a manufacturing facility... I suspect your gonna spend a lot of time trying to get AHP to work reliably with all your modules in that environment... there's most likely a lot of machines / equipment that will be a noise source / signal sucker nightmare.

I'm sure what you are trying to do here can be done, but you have a lot of work, reading and testing ahead of you. Chances are you're not gonna get a turn-key solution post. But as you get through your set up, I'm sure we can help you if your not sure how to do a specific task.

Good Luck

paulnoel12

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 10:08:05 PM »

thanks, i do have addressable power supplies and do have my cameras to come on and off with the motion sensors. I ran the wiring for my cameras back to one office and then i jsut joined the connections together for the video and the audio. the cams seem to work ok. I have been able to set up each of the security systems to arm from the internet. The big problem is getting my cams to stay off when i don't want them on. I origanally adressed them the same as the motion sensors but i will be changing them to different codes tomarrow so that i can build a macro to cause them to activate. I am having trouble with getting timers and conditions to work but maybe that will be corrected tomarrow with addressing the motion sensors different then the cams and then using macros to activated the cams and start recording. I tried the pictures with stills and that is ok but was still wanting to get full video shots to my email. even if it would be just short video with about 30 seconds of video in each email and then maybe do six emails to cover one minuteOr maybe less amounts. I can once i get to the internet after being notified access the systemeither from home connecting to the computer it is running on using ultravnc to control the computer at work but was hoping to get more in the way of video to feed to my cell phone. I guess i need more guiding on setting up the macros with timers and conditions so i can get them to work and record when i want and not when i don't want. Of corse I will also have to do the modification for the antena on my cm15a to allow for greater range of the rf signal.So I can detect all my sensors. I was thinking about adding wire between my magnetic switches and get the sending unit closer to the cm15A. any thoughts on doing this?

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 10:31:28 PM »

Extending the length of the sensor wires should be ok... but I can't tell you how long before it always appears open(?)

Yes, you will have to put your sensors on different addresses from the cameras. Then just set up macros to trigger the cameras and the recording when you want them to come on. You will probably have more conditions than can be handled by one macro, so you will most likely end up using elses.

To trigger a macro with a timer, you will need to create a Dummy (Phantom) module for the macro.

paulnoel12

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 11:00:44 PM »

so i set up a phantom module just like i did to tell my system to arm away but do i use the little timer sysmbole on the macro face to set up on and off conditions or do i use the condition timers and the weekdays and wekends. Which is Best. Could some one send me an exaple of a good timer that works lets for turning on certain lights on a certain day ata certain time so i can use the example and modify it to turn my cams on and off when i want and then do the recording?

Puck

• Advanced Member
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 02:38:46 AM »

To trigger a macro with a timer, you will need to create a Dummy (Phantom) module for the macro.

Sorry paulnoel12 for any confusion, my mistake here... you CAN trigger a macro with a Timer WITHOUT needing a Dummy Module... you just need the Dummy Module to trigger a macro from another macro. But it doesn't hurt to have them; they can visually tell you right away if something was triggered ON.

However, you want to use macro conditions, not timers, for your motion sensor control of the cameras. Within the macro, you will have to select the day of week, time range, armed, disarmed conditions to turn on the camera. If your just concerned about day & time, then your macro conditions will be straight forward and you may not need to use elses.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.