Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP / WS467 dim level when activated  (Read 7978 times)

ttfd1126

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP / WS467 dim level when activated
« on: January 16, 2007, 08:57:48 PM »

I have had my X10 for quite some time and I thought I was getting pretty good at it.  I have one obnoxious light with WS467 swtich that when turned on is blinding.  I can dim it via the AHP software, but is there a way to make it start up at a predetermined brightness at the switch each time it is turned on?

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: AHP / WS467 dim level when activated
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 09:14:38 PM »

I have had my X10 for quite some time and I thought I was getting pretty good at it.  I have one obnoxious light with WS467 swtich that when turned on is blinding.  I can dim it via the AHP software, but is there a way to make it start up at a predetermined brightness at the switch each time it is turned on?

Not with the WS467. This switch is only a listener... you would need a switch that repeats it's X10 address as a PLC command when pressed manually, so that AHP can use it and trigger a macro to auto dim itself. (See ICON dimmer switches as an example).

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 06:54:09 AM »

Some of the other brand wall switches can be set to a preset on level; also ramp up and down slowly and can send a X10 signal back on the power line when locally toggled.. Just read the switches specifications. Many including the Icons also need a neutral power wire in the switch box. The WS467 steals power through the light is is controlling and doesn't need the neutral wire.

ttfd1126

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 07:10:06 AM »

Thanks for the quick replies.  I guess I will change out this switch for a different brand.

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 09:58:48 AM »

Actually, you don't need a switch that transmits its address to do this.  The Leviton discontinued "red line" and their newer "green line" X10 switches will do exactly what you want.  They remember the last dimmer setting, and ramp up to that when turned on.  They can also be sent a pre-set dim command so they will turn on at whatever brightness level you want.  Their older "red line" switches have worked flawlessly for us since we built this house.  They do require a neutral though.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.