Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vanguard and 2 wireless 2.4 GHz B/W XC22A camera problem.  (Read 9169 times)

HJ10X

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Vanguard and 2 wireless 2.4 GHz B/W XC22A camera problem.
« on: June 28, 2010, 08:09:49 PM »

I’ve got a simple setup, with 1 camera in the front of the house, and 1 in the back. They both have the house code and unit code set properly (A1 and A2), the receiver is setup properly at the computer. The software is Vanguard, and all the options are all correct.

The video feed capture amazingly camera A1, but when we switch to camera A2, it only displays a slightly blurred feed of A1. They only way I can get A2 to work is to completely shut off the power to A1.

Is it possible that the signal of A1 is too strong, and would interfere with A2? Where do I look to have a perfect feed from both? – They are about the same distance from the receiver.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Vanguard and 2 wireless 2.4 GHz B/W XC22A camera problem.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 06:04:03 AM »

Only one camera can be on at a time.
Cameras use a common house code and a group of four unit codes. 1-4;5-8;9-12 or 13-16. A1 and A2 meet both requirements.
When any cameras supply is turned on in the group the other three in the group should go off.
When camera A2 is turned on A1 should go off so it does not step on the second camera.
As a small test unplug the A1 good signal cameras power supply and see it the A2 camera now works better.
Cameras are controlled by power line signals. Can you tell us what else you have? Like a TM751 and any modules connected to the computer in a USB connector. The A1 camera may not be receiving the A2 on signal that would turn it off.

Since the antennas are directional it is also possible you have a weak signal from the receivers back side.

Do you have a wireless network or 2.4 GHz cordless phone?

HJ10X

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 06:46:08 PM »

I’ve got a RF transceiver Module TM751 + a USB Digital Video Converter Model VA12A + a 2.4 GHz Wireless Video Receiver Model VR36A. (I also use a USB Wireless transceiver CM19A)

The 2 cameras’ feed works perfectly if the other one is unplugged. But if they both have power, A2 has a hard time picking up the feed. A2 will show the A1 feed... or sometimes, it will show the 2 feeds at the same time, and the video is moving from left to right...

We also use a wireless router for our internet; this might be the culprit...

I guess the next step will be to experiment with the location of the wireless video receiver, as our wireless internet distribution might have an impact on the quality of the signal...

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 07:31:44 PM »

Both cameras are on at the same time and that should not be happening.
When the A1 camera is turned on the A1 On power line signal should turn off the A2 camera.
When the A2 camera is turned on the A1 camera should turn off when it receives the A2 on.

The CM19A should be sending the A1 and A2 on signals to the TM751.
You may have a RF reception problem from the CM19A to the TM751 or the TM751s power line signal is not getting to one or both of the cameras.

Try one camera plugged in at a time.
If you run the A1 camera and you send the A2 on for the unplugged camera A2. The A1 camera should turn off.
If you unplug A1 and just run A2 when you send an A1 on the A2 camera should go off.

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 07:49:22 PM »

When the Vanguard software switches cameras, the CM19A sends the RF signal to the TM751, which then puts out power line commands to turn off A1 and turn on A2.  From your description, it appears that the A1 camera is not turning off.

You can also try plugging the A1 camera into another outlet.  It could be that the 'A1' camera is plugged into an outlet on another phase of your home wiring from the TM751.

Alternatively, you could move the TM751 and A2 to other outlets to find when all 3 units (the 2 cameras and the TM751) all communicate with each other.

Hope this helps!   ;D
>!

HJ10X

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 11:49:08 AM »

Thanks for the recommendations!!!

As a first step, I moved the TM751 to another location in the house, and it worked instantly. I’ve got my 2 feeds with 100% image/video quality.

This was educational,

Regards,

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.