Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP Defective Unit??  (Read 3566 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
AHP Defective Unit??
« on: January 20, 2007, 05:03:34 AM »

Hi guys just want to get your thoughts on this after trying to pin down the problem with my dusk/dawn timers seems like my 6 month old AHP has just stopped sending some of my timers just noticed that my front porch light and two other dusk timers just stopped working I did notice today that one was working properly, wondering if this new unit is defective I have two AHP's got a backup when x10 had one of those wacky weekend things. Downloaded everything into the backup to see if that one functions properly, anyone ever have similar problems and how reliable are these units can you really depend on them? I'm be going out of town quite a bit over the next 6 months for business and if for example my porch lights weren't coming on as programed for security reasons I would just be devastated. I had the repeat function checked and I even have a Leviton signal bridge amplifier/repeater . Just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems. Thanks!!

Tom j

tom j

Re: AHP Defective Unit??
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 06:06:35 PM »

Well the backup units is working perfectly at least today anyway any ideas what could of happen to the first one, maybe I'll try it again do you have to sometimes reboot these things by pulling the plug and removing the batteries? is this ever necessary? I actually erased all the memory before downloading all my timers and macros after the timers stopped working but the timers still didn't fire, any ideas guys  ???  ??? Thanks

Tom j

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 06:28:58 PM »

Some threads have indicated that a total reset fixed things. As you said remove batteries and disconnect AC and USB cable. Then start again.

tom j

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 06:51:44 PM »

Some threads have indicated that a total reset fixed things. As you said remove batteries and disconnect AC and USB cable. Then start again.

Thanks any idea how often this happens and why might something like this occur?  ??? Thanks Brian! Say How have you been? Happy New Year guy!

Tom j

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 07:38:00 AM »

There was a thread on powerline noise getting into the microcontroller and messing it up. User was an electronic engineer and add 4 small bypass caps to the power supply; microcontroller and memory chip. Most designers use bypass caps as a standard part of a design.

tom j

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 11:45:42 AM »

There was a thread on powerline noise getting into the microcontroller and messing it up. User was an electronic engineer and add 4 small bypass caps to the power supply; microcontroller and memory chip. Most designers use bypass caps as a standard part of a design.

Did he say this resolved the problem? never had any problems with the old Active Home, did it have these bypass caps just curious. Thanks

Tom j

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 04:31:48 PM »

In his case yes. I have little data on the older CM11A in the old Active Home Kit. So I don't know if it has the caps or a different power supply that squashed noise before the microcontroller.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.