Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can X10 X10 PRO Pro Coupler Repeater Amplifier (XPCR) Help Me??  (Read 2930 times)

mlumb

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can X10 X10 PRO Pro Coupler Repeater Amplifier (XPCR) Help Me??
« on: January 15, 2007, 07:41:45 PM »

Since day one I have had intermittent issues with my x10 setup depending on what I was wiring/controlling and what part of the wiring I am on.

Sone background:

My house is over 80 years old and I am not completely done rewiring it.  Most of the 1st floor is still knob and tube wiring (in relatively good shape).  I have run new wiring in 90% of the second floor already, but still have old wiring used for some wall sconces/ceiling lights and a few old plugs. 

Also all of the new wiring is connected to a Sub Panel Box off the Main.  Most of the main is connected to the old K&T wiring. 

I have solved MOST of my problems communicating with devices on different wiring by setting up 3 different wireless tranceivers on different legs of the wiring. 

However I have started noticing a some of the newer modules I have added even to the new wiring, farther down the line is starting to NOT respond to things like timers and macros. 

I have seen the X10 PRO Pro Coupler Repeater Amplifier (XPCR) and am wondering if people think this could solve alot of my problems?  Even more importantly do people think for any reason it would HURT my system in any way? 

Also with the MAIN box and the SUB box, which one would I wire it into?  I would assume the MAIN box. 

OK so what do people think.  I would love some ideas/opinions.

Thanks

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Can X10 X10 PRO Pro Coupler Repeater Amplifier (XPCR) Help Me??
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 07:51:36 PM »

Knob and Tube? Wow and I thought my 2 wire Romex with no grounds was ancient.  ;D

As you updated wiring. Did you add new modern things like TVs computers etc? If so have you checked for signal suckers and noise makers. My APC BX1000 UPS absorbers at least 50% of my X10 signals until I added an X10 type filter on the AC input.

Repeater can't hurt usually and if needed Main panel maybe best as the sub is connected to it.

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Re: Can X10 X10 PRO Pro Coupler Repeater Amplifier (XPCR) Help Me??
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 11:25:24 PM »

I bought a Leviton signal bridge /amplifier repeater it actually boosts the signal to 3 volts at the box  and it has solved a lot of my signal related problems, that and a noise filter for my furnace have made my system just about 100% reliable. Leviton really makes quality stuff, they incorporate excellent quality control, are ya listening x10??

Tom j

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.