Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CP290 Lighthouse DOS software  (Read 27975 times)

gunterm

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CP290 Lighthouse DOS software
« on: January 28, 2007, 12:59:25 AM »

Found this in the box while unpacking in the new house.  However the 5.25" floppy went bad so I can't reload Lighthouse.  Can someone send me a copy of the software?  Would greatly appreciate it!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: CP290 Lighthouse DOS software
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 05:40:05 PM »

I think you are out of luck.   A GOOGLE search turned up 500 hits, but no DOS software.

Very few X10 users are still running a 290, most were replaced in the Win95 days with the CM11A interface and the lastest is Active Home Pro and the USB CM15A interface. Nobody is running DOS any more and Windows 2000 and XP don't even have a DOS prompt. There's a Command Prompt, but running a DOS program is hit or miss, some will run, both in a window or full screen, but some will not.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 07:09:08 PM »

I also did a google search and found lots of artials on the program but no downloads for it! how ever I did find software that will work with it!
X10 System Tray the download link still works so if your quick you can get it! ;) unfortunately it isn't free! but there is a 30day trial!
With some digging you may find a free program! ;)
 From what I've read the Lighthouse program had some problems running from windows, but there may still be a user on here that has a copy they are willing to share! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

djern

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 07:29:01 PM »

I've got the disk.  I have V 1.0 and V 1.3.  I'll email you for your address and send you a copy of each disk.

Walt2

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 28
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 01:53:41 PM »

From what I've read the Lighthouse program had some problems running from windows, but there may still be a user on here that has a copy they are willing to share! ;)

Do any of these run under XP?   These older interfaces like to play games with the RS232 port, and XP doesn't like that.
* Sears Home Control System, Radio Shack Plug 'n Power, NuTone, Stanley LightMaker, BSR, HomeLink.
* Tecmar Device Master, CP290 (LightHouse), CM11A (AH), CM14A (AH2), CM15A (AHPro).

melede

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 06:01:51 PM »

I've got the disk.  I have V 1.0 and V 1.3.  I'll email you for your address and send you a copy of each disk.

Hello,
I too, would love to have a copy of CP290 software if you can e-mail to me. (rickdeary@gmail.com). I'd be glad to pay for postage if you need to mail a disk. I only have some 3 1/2 drives no 5" stuff any more.

Thanks...

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 08:03:17 PM »

Hello,
I too, would love to have a copy of CP290 software if you can e-mail to me. (rickdeary@gmail.com). I'd be glad to pay for postage if you need to mail a disk. I only have some 3 1/2 drives no 5" stuff any more.

Thanks...
melede
This thread is almost five years old, and i have not seen djern posts in a long time. You might try Googling CP290 software, my guess it is available elsewhere.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 08:18:36 PM »

Here's what I found with a Google search:

XtenWIN was developed to replace the software that is distributed with the X10 CP290 home automation controller.  XtenWIN provides an easy to use interface to program timer events within the CP290 memory, and extends the CP290 functionality to allow timer events that are specified relative to sunrise and sunset.

XtenWIN interfaces to the CP290 (attached to a serial port) using functionality provided by the XtenSRVR Active-X component.  This allows multiple programs to run simultaneously that use the CP290 controller - provided that they all use XtenSRVR to access the CP290.

XtenWIN is fully functional, but is still in beta status.  All testers are welcome - click here to download the most current beta.

Google CP290 Software and XtenWIN is the first thing that pops up

I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.