Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No Image At All With Wireless Camera  (Read 7645 times)

confused

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
No Image At All With Wireless Camera
« on: April 06, 2007, 02:36:03 AM »

I'm totally lost. Right now I am trying to get just one camera to work. I'll worry about anything else later.

What I have is setup now:
XCam2 - Plugged into power. Set to A channel.
USB Video Adapter VA11A (also seems to be called a usb digital signal converter) - Plugged into USP port and also to input of Video Receiver VR36A.
Video Receiver VR36A - Also set to channel A to match camera.

I installed the software per instructions.

The program I think I am supposed to use is called Web Multiview picking WebView Browser. When I do that, I get in Explorer page for X10's WebView. But no image at all.

I must be missing something really very basic. But I can't see it.

Any ideas appreciated!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: No Image At All With Wireless Camera
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 08:33:06 AM »

The problem is most likely the VA11A driver to find out more about that read: Topic: VA11A does not work  (Read 14140 times)   Most of the time is windows installs the intel cam driver instead of the VA11A! ;) :D ;D
You must tell windows which drivers to use, follow the instuctions to the "T" and it should solve your problem! ;) :D ;D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

confused

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 12:38:18 AM »

I did as was suggested. The intel cam was in device manager. So now after reinstalling the software, I show the VA11A is the imaging device. It says that it is working. But with Multiview 3.1.51 open, I show no images in any of the 4 camera panes. I have the camera and the receiver set to A. Do the transformer settings on the camera have anything to do with it? I left them in the default Unit 1 ans House A position. Next step please? TIA.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 06:18:54 AM »

Cameras work in pairs of 4. Same House Code and different Unit Code in the same group. 1-4;5-8;9-12 and 13-16. When one in the group is turned on the other three go off as you can't have more than one on at a time. If more than one is on they interfere with each other. If all yours are on A1 they all will go on at the same time and off at the same time.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 07:41:46 AM »

confused:Yes the wallwart(transformers) must be setup differently as Brian H stated.
I know nothing about Multiview so I can't help with that.
Do you have a CM19A or something similar(PC interface)?
Do you have a TM751(transceiver) or something similar?

You"ll need something to turn the cams on/off!
DO one cam at a time  to make sure it is working before trying the next one! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

confused

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 02:58:29 PM »

I only have one camera hooked up now. Not the 4 Multiviw says you can use. The Multiview instructions say to have the camera transformer set to House and unit codes A and 1. Done that.

I saw something about 'Firecracker' and have it listed in my list of programs. When I click to open, it says "Unable to find componen - failed to start. msvcr70.dll is missing". So I got that dll off the internet, but I still get that error message. Do I need Firecracker?

Sorry, but I have no idea what a CM19A (PC interface)? or a TM751 (transceiver) are. I am using a VR36A Receiver with a VA11A Video to USB adapter.

There must be something very basic that I'm missing! I can't say that I'm impressed so far with X10's instructions. This setup is NOT intuitive to me. But I do appreciate the help people here are giving me trying to get this working! Thx

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 05:42:16 PM »

Ok You need a cm19a or cm17a computer interface to work with multiview these plug into the computer along with the VA11A!
You'll also need a transciever to transform the Rf signal from the computer interface to a powerline signal even if you have a remote you'll need this(transciever)!
If you bought multiview as a kit it should have came with these.
If the wallwarts for the cams are set to off which I think they are by defalt then your going to need a way to turn them on before you'll get a pic!
Call customer service and ask why these hardware devices weren't included(a transceiver and a PC interface)?
The software isn't Anygood with out them! :(
I'm not sure if multi view accesses firecracker or it talks to the pc interface directly so I can't say if you need the firecracker software!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

confused

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 11:10:39 PM »

I'm getting a headache trying to figure out what X10 is all about. I can not believe that it needs to be this hard. I did buy a kit and other parts. I even got some home security stuff. But I am missing a cm19a or cm17a computer interface. They didn't ship it and these parts were bought over a year ago. I hate to think of trying to deal with an order that old.

I think I'll just make a list of what I have and see if someone posting here wants to make me an offer. I think my order was about $600 or so. I'm sure it can all work. And there are many posters here who have figured i out. I just don't have the time or bandwidth to figure it all out at the moment.

Thanks for all of the replies tho!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.