Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Xray Vision works for a few seconds, then quits  (Read 47952 times)

bipesd

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Xray Vision works for a few seconds, then quits
« on: January 29, 2007, 10:03:42 PM »

I'm running Windows 2000.  I installed Xray Vision, Ninja, wireless camera, and USB video capture, and got it working, but only for a few seconds.  When I display the preview, I get images for a few seconds, maybe up to 10 or 15.  Then I get a message in an Error window "This graph cannot view properly".  I click on OK, then get "Error 80070001: Cannot run preview graph."  Click OK again, then get EC_ERRORABORT 80070001 00000000".  Closing the program and reopening gets it running again, but only for a few seconds.  The length of time that it works varies from 0 to maybe 15 seconds.  I uninstalled an reinstalled Xray Vison, drivers, and everything else several times with no change.  I turned off hardware acceleration on my video adapter, which appeared to add a few seconds on average.  Also changed screen size.

Any suggestions?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Xray Vision works for a few seconds, then quits
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 11:46:28 PM »

I never tried Xray on Windows 2000 and it has been a while since I ran Xray (no need to now)
Does Windows 2000 have the ability to run a program in compatibility mode like XP? ???
If so switch to 98 compatible and try. If you still have problems look at video\display settings in Xray! ;)
Sorry I can't be of more help !
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bipesd

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 12:26:13 AM »

It does have a compatibility mode, which i tried on your suggestion but with no better results.  Why do you say there is no need for Xray?  BTW if I run Netmeeting I get a similar result - the video refreshes for a few seconds, then quits.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 12:41:33 AM »

I say no need to now as I run AHP with the video plug-in!
I wonder if the VA11A is faulting out!
Is there a movie maker in 2000? Try viewing the video feed threw it or another program as well that may confirm it!
Have you tried just reinstalling the VA11A driver using this method: VA11 doesn't work?
Many times this driver gets installed incorectly if not done this way! It may not cause a problem with Xray but it does for the AHP video plug-in! worth a look at any ways! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bipesd

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 08:02:52 AM »

I agree; it looks like a video capture problem.  I had already found and tried that.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 09:31:58 AM »

There was a bad batch of VA11As that was shipped, I remember reading about a while back.  :( If it is still under warenty call customer service and request a replacement! ;)
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

bipesd

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 07:50:02 PM »

Thanks for the info.  Actually, I'm not impressed with the quality of the video, and with the way that the signal is distorted when the Ninja rotates.  Having the camera antenna move with the camera is a bad design.  I don't need the wireless in my application, so I'm thinking about sending the whole thing back and going to the Logitec Quickcam Orbit.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 08:26:17 PM »

if I run Netmeeting I get a similar result - the video refreshes for a few seconds, then quits.

I did a search on Error 80070001. That's a windows media error.

Windows 2000 is a great OS, but I don't think it can run a media player > 8 or 9. Have you tried a different default media player?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

bipesd

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 09:29:50 PM »

I'm not running a media player.  The comment about Netmeeting was just to indicate that the problem may not be with Xray itself, because the camera's video also misbehaves - works for a few seconds then quits - running another application.  The problem may be with the driver or the hardware.

I looked up the error code too, but it wasn't very helpful for me.  If the VA11A is bad, couldn't that least to the error?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 09:35:31 PM by bipesd »

HA Dave

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 06:37:15 PM »

I don't know bipesd.

But I would think that to view the video you will need some sort of viewer or program. I think... most such viewers are built on the media player. Though your Windows 2000 may not have come with a media player, you might need one.

If you had a media player, you could see if you could open the camera through the player. The Windows Media Player is a free download from microsoft. It's a 13.3 MB download (CLICK HERE) for Windows 98 Second Edition, Me, and 2000 version 9 was the last made for these systems.

Of course... I can't guarantee this will help.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 10:01:13 PM by Dave_x10_L »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 07:16:37 PM »

Dave,

It's Windows Media Player 9 Series for Windows 98 Second Edition, Me, and 2000, not for XP. I'm up to Windows Media Player 11 for XP right now.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

HA Dave

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 09:36:34 PM »

I'm running Windows 2000. 

Sorry Dan I should have been clearer. That link was for bipesd. He is running Windows 2000 and having a problem. Windows 2000 only runs player version 8 & 9 (if I remember correctly), 10 and 11 are for XP ONLY.

I altered my post to make it clearer.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 09:45:23 PM by Dave_x10_L »

bipesd

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 12:34:59 AM »

I should be more clear.  I believe I have Media Player 9 installed, but I wasn't running it.  Netmeeting is installed, and I'm familiar with that application, so I was using it for the purpose you suggested for Media Player.  That is, I was viewing the video via it instead of Xray to see if that would work.  Similar results, so that suggests a driver or hardware problem, not an Xray problem.

Here's another piece of information that makes me think it is the hardware.  I had Xray working, uploading to an FTP and everything, for perhaps a half hour.  Then I tried installing and running Pan and Tilt Pro.  I could get that to move the Ninja, but nothing with the video would work.  I uninstalled it, then tried Xray again, and it wouldn't work either.  I thought I had gotten software messed up somehow.  But now, putting all this information together, I thing the hardware may have gone bad coincidentally at the time that I tried Pan and Tilt Pro.  The thing is, Xray or Netmeeting work for a few seconds, then quit.

Complicating all this is that the system on which I have this installed is remote, so I'm limited in doing things like removing and reinstalling hardware or even cycling power on the computer.

I really appreciate all the helpful comments and suggestions.

aleis

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 12:13:10 PM »

if you didnt get this fixed i think i know why.
you need to reinstall the software.
delete the entire folder, also use add and remove program, remove link from desktop reboot and it should work :)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.