Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No longer able to download timers and macros to the CM15A  (Read 10788 times)

X10inGA

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
No longer able to download timers and macros to the CM15A
« on: February 01, 2007, 05:02:03 PM »

I am no longer able to download timers and macros to the CM15A unit from my Windows XP machine.  This is a new problem and is occurring with both my primary and backup CM15A units even after full reset (unpluging from power and usb, removing batteries). 

Active home just shows the "Downloading" indicator, but the usual progress bar is not there and the indicator just sits there until I close ActiveHome.  The only thing that changed with my Active Home prior to the problem is the installation of the On Alert plugin. 

Is anyone runing into similar issues?  Any ideas how to correct the problem?

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
Re: No longer able to download timers and macros to the CM15A
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 07:03:26 PM »

If you haven't allready done so you might want to try a differant USB cable.
_ _ ...  ..._ _

X10DanInGA

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 09:06:18 PM »

This issue was resolved.  I ended up having to disconnect the CM15A, fully uninstall the CM15A drivers in the Win XP's Device manager, then rebooted.  I then reconnected the CM15A and allowed XP to reinstall the drivers.  It seems to be back to normal.

JimC

• Helpful Post Rating: 41
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 06:22:07 AM »

X10DanInGA,

Glad to hear that you got it working. Thanks for posting what you did to get it working, this information may useful to someone else with the problem.

Jim
_ _ ...  ..._ _

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 04:55:37 PM »

I seem to be having a similar problem as X10inGA.

I purchased the AHP in late November - early December. I set it up and loaded a couple useful macros. Those orginal macros, still seem to RE-load and work well. However I can't get new macros to load. I have searched the forum (I live here anyway) and tried several things:

• I have cleared the memory several times. Interestingly, it really does clear, I tried to run macros with the cleared interface.... and nothing worked.
  • I tried a different USB port and a differnt USB cord.
  • While the memory is cleared, I have unplugged the AHP interface and removed the batteries.
  • I tried UNinstalling the driver, rebooting and reinstalling.
  • I've tried just running the macro on the PC (as well as on the interface) both monitored and not and transceived and not.
  • I set-up the AHP just to run BXVC, and BXVC can still talk with the interface, it just can't run NEW macros.
  • when I click the macros "on screen" the computer display seems to work fine, but no action on any of the modules or switches, even the same modules and switches that work fine in the old macros

I am running a windows XP-pro PC, and it's loaded with other software.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 10:12:54 AM »

Dave_x10_L & X10inGA:
Although I haven't experienced this (yet)
There seems to be one step that you may be missing.
I had a problem with a CM15A which my wife had unplugged to do some work in the office and forgot to plug it back in when done.
When I came home from a weekend at the cottage she complained nothing was working!
when I plugged in the CM15A I couldn't upload to it. Clearing the interface  and removing the batteries didn't help.
I then tried purging macros and timers then did the battery ritual!
***TADA!***
Not that this will work in your cases but it is worth a try! ;)
Also I have had my Ahx file get corrupt which did some strange things like not allow rooms to be seen or some modules in rooms not work. Try creating a new ahx file and test it just with the macros which your having problems with! If they work from that file then chances are good your AHX file was corrupted with the last update/plug-in you installed!
If it is a corrupt AHX file you'll have to rebuild it from scratch! ::) (unless you can be sure your back up is clean. You do have a back up right?) ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 09:51:30 PM »

Dave_x10_L & X10inGA:
Try creating a new ahx file ..........You do have a back up right?) ;) :D

After I read your reply I knew what I had done! Thank you Tuicemen... that was more than helpful.

I had created a bad macro. The trigger (house and unit code) was included in the macro. I had saved the bad macro.... but forgot to save the corrected version. So even though I was starting off with a clean interface... I would just reload the same old NON-working crap.... which of course won't work. And only appeared to have not loaded.

I am getting too many devices and codes to keep in my balding head. So I cleaned house (digitally cleaned) and rewrote some clean macros. Now AHP is working fine.

Home Automation is an always changing technology

bill heink

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 04:54:10 PM »

I think I have a similar problem.  I've had a CM-15A Active Home interface for a couple of years, and it generally works OK.  And I’ve never had problems downloading my timers and macros.    However, I just made some minor changes to my timer programming, but when I went to download the changes to the interface using “Download Timers and Macros” I got a message that says “there’s not enough space in the interface to download your timers and Macros”.  But at the bottom of that box it shows my Current Memory Usage as:

Macro Memory  0.00%
Timer Memory  0.00%
Dawn / Dusk Memory  0.00%

Need to Free  0.00%

What can possibly be wrong?

In an effort to troubleshoot, I cleared the interface memory using the A/H software, thinking perhaps somehow it was locked up.  That had no effect.

I unplugged the interface from the wall outlet and replaced the batteries – still no effect when I tried to download.

I unplugged the interface, removed the batteries and let it sit for half an hour, thinking maybe a prolonged power outage would reset it.  Still no luck.

Ideas??  Right now I have a dead system with no automatic control, although with it reconnected to the power outlet, I can issue commands manually through the Active Home program.

????????????

P.S.  When I go to “Hardware Configuration” in the “Tools” menu, it shows Memory Configuration as

Macro Usage     4.94%
Timed Events  23.60%
Dawn/Dusk       6.79%

Available        64.67%

which I think is about right.  Need ideas!

mikeythemars

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 08:02:15 PM »

This issue was resolved.  I ended up having to disconnect the CM15A, fully uninstall the CM15A drivers in the Win XP's Device manager, then rebooted.  I then reconnected the CM15A and allowed XP to reinstall the drivers.  It seems to be back to normal.

I am trying to replicate what you did,but am not sure of how to find the CM15A drivers you mention deleting.   When I go into the device manager in XP I don't see anything that is specifically labeled "CM15A" or  "interface".   I do see a few items labeled "USB device" but when they are clicked there is no mention of what they are.  Do uou remember what the drivers you referenced were labeled?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 09:21:26 AM »

I am not an X10 software type. So this may or may not shine some light on your question. Others may have better data.

You may want to click on the drivers in question and pick properties of each one.

I keep moving between USB connections and have a few different CM15A devices.
I have four HID-Complaint lines that I believe where for each setup I had tried. Showing a reference to the X10 HID Device.
I also have a X10 HID Device in the Device Manager and a HID-Compliant Consumer Control device.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.