Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The New WIFI Module is now available!
                   *****Here's the link******

Author Topic: Showtime used as remote PC?  (Read 27430 times)

Video_Tom

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Showtime used as remote PC?
« on: February 04, 2007, 10:45:09 AM »

I would like to use my PC on my TV in another room in the house.  Can the showtime VK73A, along with a wireless remote keyboard and mouse be used together as a way to use the PC from another room?   On the instructions, I do not see anything about being able to view everything on the PC screen on my TV.  If I can view and hear my PC monitor and sound info, then I may be able to use a remote keyboard and mouse, and have remote PC control in my den.  Has anyone tried this, or know of a cheap way of doing this.  The distance from my PC to the remote TV is about 15' (through 2 walls), and to where I will be using the remote keyboard will be about 30'.

HA Dave

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 173
Re: Showtime used as remote PC?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 02:48:32 PM »

I would like to use my PC on my TV in another room in the house.  Can the showtime VK73A, along with a wireless remote keyboard and mouse be used together as a way to use the PC from another room?   

I own the VK73A VGA sender and a (actually several) receiver(s).

The unit will send your monitors image to a TV. However, VGA and TV (NTSC) are two different things. TV's don't have nearly the resolution as a computer monitor. The unit works as advertised, it does a decent job of sending pictures and music. However using it to remotely use a PC.... I don't think so.

You may also run into interference problems with the long range wireless mouse/keyboard. I would look at a hardwired monitor solution. Or a wireless network and laptop remote control of the remote desktop PC.
If X10 doesn't jump on the AI band wagon soon...
...there ain't going to be no X10 dance! 

rea

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 08:20:33 PM »

Question... How possible it is to have noise  horizontal lines on a Tv  removed  using Show Time.. I have ideal position for sender &receiver.. straight line through open doors.. no obstacle... just air.. and still I have those white noise lines... crackling sound... etc.. and no position gives me clean screen and clear sound??? When I tried it through walls and floor from the 1st floor position  it was disaster...  Has ANYBODY ever had a clear picture??? The remote seems to work OK  .. but the rest is SOS...

HA Dave

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 173
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 08:36:02 PM »

Has ANYBODY ever had a clear picture???

I get a GREAT clear picture and excellent sound..... on channel D (only). My son also uses the video sender/receiver units and also gets a great picture and sound. My son and I BOTH have wifi (2.4 Ghz wireless Internet) and cordless phones (also 2.4 Ghz). I don't know which channel he is using.

The video sender/receiver units have 4 channels (A, B, C, & D). Of course be sure BOTH the sender and receiver are on the same channel.
If X10 doesn't jump on the AI band wagon soon...
...there ain't going to be no X10 dance! 

rea

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 09:41:30 PM »

Thanx Dave!
I triedChD..... tried all of them... I can get decent picture on ANY of them.. still noise  on the pic & cracling sound on audio... I have tried  with all remotes disconnected, wireless off , phones all disconnected,  all  ALL OFF.. still same white, sometimess barely noticeable, (but in audio  it's like sharp cracling... so )  not really pleasant....and send-receive conditions just IDEAL... straight unobstructed line of vision..   Comparing.. with all wireless(router, phones  connected)on,  not a big difference.. I can still get the same results as ALL OFF...... Will still try...  If ANY ideas.. welcome.. Thanx in advance....

zach1234

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 11:22:52 PM »

Call x10 at 1 800 675 3044 and get a replacment RMA. I think you have a defective one.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.