Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Showtime used as remote PC?  (Read 31189 times)

Video_Tom

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Showtime used as remote PC?
« on: February 04, 2007, 10:45:09 AM »

I would like to use my PC on my TV in another room in the house.  Can the showtime VK73A, along with a wireless remote keyboard and mouse be used together as a way to use the PC from another room?   On the instructions, I do not see anything about being able to view everything on the PC screen on my TV.  If I can view and hear my PC monitor and sound info, then I may be able to use a remote keyboard and mouse, and have remote PC control in my den.  Has anyone tried this, or know of a cheap way of doing this.  The distance from my PC to the remote TV is about 15' (through 2 walls), and to where I will be using the remote keyboard will be about 30'.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Showtime used as remote PC?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 02:48:32 PM »

I would like to use my PC on my TV in another room in the house.  Can the showtime VK73A, along with a wireless remote keyboard and mouse be used together as a way to use the PC from another room?   

I own the VK73A VGA sender and a (actually several) receiver(s).

The unit will send your monitors image to a TV. However, VGA and TV (NTSC) are two different things. TV's don't have nearly the resolution as a computer monitor. The unit works as advertised, it does a decent job of sending pictures and music. However using it to remotely use a PC.... I don't think so.

You may also run into interference problems with the long range wireless mouse/keyboard. I would look at a hardwired monitor solution. Or a wireless network and laptop remote control of the remote desktop PC.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

rea

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 08:20:33 PM »

Question... How possible it is to have noise  horizontal lines on a Tv  removed  using Show Time.. I have ideal position for sender &receiver.. straight line through open doors.. no obstacle... just air.. and still I have those white noise lines... crackling sound... etc.. and no position gives me clean screen and clear sound??? When I tried it through walls and floor from the 1st floor position  it was disaster...  Has ANYBODY ever had a clear picture??? The remote seems to work OK  .. but the rest is SOS...

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 08:36:02 PM »

Has ANYBODY ever had a clear picture???

I get a GREAT clear picture and excellent sound..... on channel D (only). My son also uses the video sender/receiver units and also gets a great picture and sound. My son and I BOTH have wifi (2.4 Ghz wireless Internet) and cordless phones (also 2.4 Ghz). I don't know which channel he is using.

The video sender/receiver units have 4 channels (A, B, C, & D). Of course be sure BOTH the sender and receiver are on the same channel.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

rea

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 09:41:30 PM »

Thanx Dave!
I triedChD..... tried all of them... I can get decent picture on ANY of them.. still noise  on the pic & cracling sound on audio... I have tried  with all remotes disconnected, wireless off , phones all disconnected,  all  ALL OFF.. still same white, sometimess barely noticeable, (but in audio  it's like sharp cracling... so )  not really pleasant....and send-receive conditions just IDEAL... straight unobstructed line of vision..   Comparing.. with all wireless(router, phones  connected)on,  not a big difference.. I can still get the same results as ALL OFF...... Will still try...  If ANY ideas.. welcome.. Thanx in advance....

zach1234

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 11:22:52 PM »

Call x10 at 1 800 675 3044 and get a replacment RMA. I think you have a defective one.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.