Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problems With Protector Plus  (Read 5879 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Problems With Protector Plus
« on: February 06, 2007, 11:03:37 PM »

Hi guys just wanted to post that I've had two Monitor Plus fail within 8 months. The first one became erratic and wouldn't trigger an alarm after the motion detector would send a RF signal to it. I know the MS10 would send the command because I would see the little red light flash and the system was armed but no alarm would be triggered. The second one seems to have a problem with the receiver you now can't turn it on or off unless you stand two or three feet away, and it won't respond at all from the signal of any sensors unless there placed within a few feet of the unit. I just bought a new little space heater made by Lasko and the thing that most impressed me was that this thing had about 3 or 4 quality control stickers on it even one on the plug itself!! I've never seen any quality control stickers on any of x10 products and let me tell ya this really doesn't inspire confidence in these consoles. I initially bought it to tie me over until I finished my new DSC system ( none of my components are made in China!!!!!) and because I thought I was going to have to be out of town a few weeks so I wanted to have the system professionally monitored while I was away. Luckily I was  just testing the unit when it failed. I just had it plugged in and hooked up to a spare motion sensor while using my trusty dx7000 as my main console. But if I had of been using this thing and someone had broke in they could have cleaned me out without the system ever dialing into the central station! I know x10 doesn't believe in quality control I actually had to return several dx7000 consoles before I got one that worked one was DOA the other two had problems with the voice chip and the recordings were unintelligible. People really depend on these things and x10 should have some form of quality control at least on their security products. I talked to a guy a while back that said he use to work for x10 and he told me the units were practically never tested, to expensive I guess.

Tom j
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 07:44:53 PM by tom j »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.