Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: on line timer capable?  (Read 13676 times)

x15dog

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
on line timer capable?
« on: February 07, 2007, 02:02:30 AM »

Is there any way to set timers on line, or macros?  I Can see the rooms and cameras on the left but not the modules or timers or macros selection tabs.  If i can't set the timers remotely, what good is this thing.  On my set up i selected all room access and no restrictions.

PS does this thing work with Firefox. i was unable to get on line connection until a couple of weeks after i bought this thing.  I went through the help files until i was able to do it.. It should have been explained in a more straight forward function.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: on line timer capable?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 03:05:54 AM »

Is there any way to set timers on line, or macros?

MyHouse was meant for accessing your modules and for monitoring your home online, not to program your set-up. If this is what you are trying to do, then you should use either Remote Desktop or RealVNC. These programs will give you full access to your PC over the internet.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 02:57:15 PM »

It has been a while since I used this remotely but this was an issue brought up during the beta testing of this Plug-in.
I had thought that it was added with the  exclusive permission option but it appears I'm wrong! >:(
I have how ever used  RealVNC for many years as Puck recomended, it is rock solid and free! ;) :D
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

x15dog

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 05:07:03 PM »

Thanks for the info.

I will try the Windows Remote Desktop and will research the RealVNC.  Thanks for the link.

paulnoel12

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 11:11:09 PM »

I have found that realvnc works alot better then reomote desktop. another thing is that if you have a dynamic ip address that is always changing then you can run a dns server which will monitor your ip and keep it renewed each time it changes then you can set up a usename and pass word to access your computer at any time even if the ip changes. check out www.dyndns.com this is also a free service. we use it at work, our IT guy uses it at several businesses, iuse it at home and at my church and have had no problems.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.