Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Uploading Files Created Using SDK  (Read 10074 times)

Bola

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Uploading Files Created Using SDK
« on: February 08, 2007, 08:40:23 PM »

Is is possible to upload custom applications to the CM15a to be used while not being connected to the computer.  If not, does anybody know of any other controllers that can do this?

Thanks.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: Uploading Files Created Using SDK
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 10:01:43 PM »

Is is possible to upload custom applications to the CM15a to be used while not being connected to the computer.  If not, does anybody know of any other controllers that can do this?

Thanks.

Please expand a little on what you have in mind by a "custom application".

The CM15A is not a general purpose processor - when disconnected from the PC it can execute only a  limited set of predefined macro-instructions.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

Bola

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 11:58:44 AM »

Well, I can come up with an algorithm that makes use of a random number generating function to control lighting in the house.  Using the SDK, I can run design and then run this program while the CM15a is hooked up to the computer.  If possible, I would like to upload this to the Controller so that my computer doesn't have to be on.  If that isn't possible, is there another approach?

Thank you.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 08:22:12 PM »

Well, I can come up with an algorithm that makes use of a random number generating function to control lighting in the house.  Using the SDK, I can run design and then run this program while the CM15a is hooked up to the computer.  If possible, I would like to upload this to the Controller so that my computer doesn't have to be on.  If that isn't possible, is there another approach?

Presuming you had the patience, if your design can be manually composed and downloaded via the AHP GUI interface, then the CM15A will be able to execute it.  (However unless there's some repetitions, e.g., the same design repeats every week, you'll probably run out of EEPROM memory pretty quickly.)  Note: The CM15A firmware has the capability of randomizing individual macro execution times +/- 30 minutes.

To my knowledge nobody has yet written a program to create a CM15A EEPROM memory image outside AHP.  But having done so the image can _probably_ be downloaded to the CM15A EEPROM memory using a sequence of SDK commands.  (I've never tried downloading an entire image but have successfully patched small sections of an already-downloaded image.)

if you want to see whats involved with creating the memory image, take a look at the following file after you've downloaded one with the AHP GUI interface.
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Active Home Professional\ahpeeprom_w.txt

I posted a message about patching the EEPROM a few months ago, but it would take me a while to find it.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.