Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X-10's shameful and deplorable customer service.  (Read 6371 times)

AllKnightLong

• Helpful Post Rating: -3
X-10's shameful and deplorable customer service.
« on: February 13, 2007, 05:15:31 AM »

I bought an x10 3 cam system last July.  Once it arrived I noticed a considerably better deal online from them and inquired as to their policy of making some arrangement with you if you found a better system for less.  I also got some X-10 bucks (more about this later) which basically expired waiting for customer service to return my calls.   The system was extremely poor in video quality even though I had upgraded my 2.4 Ghz phone system and WiFi to other frequency bands, and could not even get a signal that was acceptable from only 25' away !  I attempted to get some help from customer service but alas they don't answer the freakin phone 90% of the time I called.  I began calling everyday trying to get somehelp , yet after hearing that patronizing phone message about they care about their customers and would be right with to assist, was on hold for sometimes 2-5 hours without any response.  in a months time I actually spoke with some child who informed me they were only a call center and they would email someone at X-10 to return my call which never happened either.  I finally stopped payment on my credit card and thought perhaps my banking institution could have them call me when they didn't get their money , but that didn't even encourage them to contact me. 

I finally, after emailing over 5 different technical support people, all of which responded to my email with apologies promising to get back with me very soon, gave up.  One person did send me a 5 or six page email explaining some very difficult registry tweaks in thehopes of getting one of the 4 unusable software packages that were supposed to allow me to see my cams over the net or run my home entertainment systems by remote etc. etc.  blah blah balh.   In all the email did help one piece ofequipment run better, but you would have to be very technically minded to perform the tweaks the tweaker tech said to make.  I have been building computer systems for over 30 years now, and I wouldn't wish upon anyone the changes he recommended.   
NONE of the promises that were made in the misleading advertisements were met.  NONE!   Some yokel even contacted me asking me to write for thecompany for profit after all the **** I had been through with them . I tried to tell him the problems  but he disappeared as quickly as he had materialized without any assistance. 

It became painfully obvious to me that X-10 is only concerned with getting your credit card number and once they have that, you can't expect anything or hold them to anything they have promised.  Next time I go to Vegas, you can be sure I will find their office and create some sort of difficulty for them in payment for sending me $300 worth of crap that doesn't work for **** .   (And yes, I did spend months in the forums trying to learn and make adjustments and over come the problem I had, so don't even go there.)  They  even had the gall to tell my bank they never received the merchandise I had shipped back to them (although it was without an RMA since THEY DON'T ANSWER THEIR DAMN PHONES TO GIVE YOU ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)THIEVES AND LIARS.   
\
I HAVE POSTED THIS HORROR STORY ON MY WEBSITE AS WELL AS SEVERAL FRIENDS SITES.  I WILL CONTINUE TO SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THE DEPLORABLE BUSINESS PRACTICES OF X-10 TO ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN  AND BELIEVE ME IN MY
POSITION I AM IN CONTACT WITH more than A FEW PEOPLE WHO HOLD THE EAR OF MANY AND CAN AFFECT THE PURCHASING OF ELECTRONIC ITEMS FOR those they are in contact with as well.   AND I WILL RECOMMEND THEY LOOK ELSEWHERE IF THEY WANT SYSTEM THAT WORKs OUT OF THE BOX or if they want a supported product, CUZ X-10 FALLS FLAT ON THEIR FACE IN THIS AREA.

GO TO HELL X-10. 

THANKS FOR NOTHING

And since you seem to throw little temper tantrums when any one with an opposing position write anonymously I'll Even give you my name:    Bill Erwin.  You don't communicate when i need you, and idoubt you will do it now when I have no actual use foryou .  If they did what they promised, it might actually be a decent product, but since they don't, it and the company itself is worthless. Dont' waste your money, go somewhere else. 

And about the X=10 bucks, you can only use them purchase items at 3 to 4 times the normal prices NOT What is advertised online .  Not exactly a booming benefit. Right?  THEY REALLY KNOW HOW TO INSULT YOUR INTELLIGENCE AND MAKEYOU A REPEAT CUSTOMER.   [/b]
Faith is not believing that the Creator CAN.....

....It is the certain knowing that HE WILL.

Ben Stiller, August 2005

bradleystownsend

• Helpful Post Rating: -2
Re: X-10's shameful and deplorable customer service.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 11:25:56 PM »

X10's tech support is truly unimpressive to say the least.  I have called several times and although have not had near the hold times have not solved the problem.  The level 2 tech person who does not take phone calls, acording to the level one person, is supposed to provide support via email.  I have never received an email from anyone other than the level one person.  One of them let it slip that his name is Eric.  Maybe he actually exists or maybe they made him up.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.