Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can motion sensor set off camera AND a light both?  (Read 2566 times)

gottagadget

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can motion sensor set off camera AND a light both?
« on: February 19, 2007, 04:52:15 PM »

I have a 3 camera setup with motion sensors to trip when the cameras come on, however there is nothing to trip me to look up at the monitor when someone trips the sensor? Is it possible to do this with the MS16A that I am using, maybe if I have a light to go on that triggers me to look up at the screen.
I guess I am trying to be as cheap as possible and not have to have 2 sensors in the same place one for camera and one for light.
Any Suggestions ? ?? ???

EL34

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • My X-10 projects
Re: Can motion sensor set off camera AND a light both?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 04:59:37 PM »

The motion sensor is the trigger for a macro.

The macro can then turn on many things.
W10 - CM15A - AHP 3.301 - i Witness - MyHouse online - Smart Macros - SDK using Visual Basic express 2008
My X10 page-> http://www.el34world.com/Misc/home/X10_0.htm

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 05:51:18 PM »

Don't think the OP is using ActiveHomePro (AHP), if so it would be an very easy solution.

gottagadget: If your set up does include software control, please mention that... if you just have 3 cameras, 3 motion sensors and a Transceiver then I don't think there is an easy way. The only way I can see is to have 3 chime modules each set to the same addresses as the 3 motion sensors.

For the cost of 3 chimes, you would be better off with AHP. Then as EL34 stated, you could use macros to turn on a single light or a single chime, or even use BXVC or X10WavPlayer to tell you a camera is on.

gottagadget

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 08:06:36 PM »

no there isn't any software control , I was just hoping to figure out an easy way to do it with what I have already

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 10:03:29 PM »

If you have sound capabilities.......

Get an auto-switching modulator (Walmart has one for $24). The RCA (brand) 4 input modulator will auto switch to whatever input has power. Then it can OUT-put in ether RCA jack OR an F connector (cable/antenna connector).

Plug all three cameras in to both the Video and audio inputs. Use Y connectors to make the camera sound (pretend) stereo.

Since there is no signal coming into the modulators F type connector there will be no sound or light to the monitor. When the camera turns on. The blank screen should light up with the camera picture AND the cameras sound.... turn up the speakers.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.