Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can't get email to work in smart macro's  (Read 5137 times)

davevr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Can't get email to work in smart macro's
« on: February 17, 2007, 04:46:15 PM »

I can't get a smart macro to send email.  I set up a new machine with win XP, active home, my house online and smart macros.  Everything worked well on a bench at the shop, but when set up at clients house, cannot get the email to send.  The isp changed - that is the only thing I can think of. 

I set up a simple macro with only the send email function and it will not send.  Outlook express is default mail client. It sends mail with no problem.  Also tried "start/run/mailto:xxx@xxx.com" and that works fine.  Was told by tech support that this is the command function that active home uses.  I also uninstalled software and re-installed it.  Still does not work.

Any ideas what to try next?

EL34

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • My X-10 projects
Re: Can't get email to work in smart macro's
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 07:30:26 PM »

I am assuming the settings under MyHouse-Email configuration set up are all correct?

If so, just a guess.
Is your firewall blocking mail output?

I use zone alarm pro and it AHP must have permission to send out emails.
W10 - CM15A - AHP 3.301 - i Witness - MyHouse online - Smart Macros - SDK using Visual Basic express 2008
My X10 page-> http://www.el34world.com/Misc/home/X10_0.htm

davevr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Can't get email to work in smart macro's
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 08:54:19 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  Since the system worked at the first location, and I did not change any settings other than SMTP, I assumed it would work without changing the settings for myhouse email and firewall.  Since then I have checked these settings with tech support and they appear to be correct.  One thing that may be suspect is that when I uninstalled active home, the .ahx and some .xml files remained.  Maybe there is a problem with one of those files???  I will keep looking.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.